Author Topic: Looking for manufacturer of vanity faucet.  (Read 1977 times)

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Looking for manufacturer of vanity faucet.
« on: November 30, 2017, 07:17:00 PM »
The vanity faucet leaks when turned on. I thought it was a Moen, so I called them and sent the pictures shown below. They told me that its not a Moen, and they could not tell me who the manufacturer is. They did suggest the leak I described is a bad cartridge. Does anyone know the manufacturer, or the cartridge part #?

I would just replace the whole thing, but I don't think I can get my shoulders through the opening under the sink in order to get my hands up underneath and behind the sink to unscrew the fasteners.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 07:19:24 PM by Stan Simpson »
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Looking for manufacturer of vanity faucet.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 09:43:23 PM »
That is practically the same as on our vanities.  The little blue and red Allen screw cap is typical Delta.  Linked below is not the exact model, but similar;  I perused their discontinued models for some time without finding ours, but it's probably there.  You might look yourself, or email Delta one of your photos to see if they can assist.
https://www.deltafaucet.com/bathroom/product/583lf-sswf?otm_medium=onespot&otm_source=onsite&otm_content=product_detail:footer-unit&otm_click_id=c5a9398c-100c-4933-904b-3565b228c68e

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 12:15:13 AM »
Thank you Joel.  :) I went to my local True Value today, after I took the faucet apart, and they had an aftermarket repair kit that was an exact match. Soaked the parts in some CLR 50/50 with water, and the whole thing looks brand new.

As info, the only way I would ever get that faucet off the vanity top would be if I took the whole thing out. The cat can barely get through that little door.  :-\
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 02:01:20 AM »
Too bad they didn't include the plumbing fixture models on the Data Card that enumerates component manufacturers and model numbers.

I know.  They crammed the lav. faucets so tight between the sink and the wall that you can barely get your fingers on the stopper plunger to make it work.  Just getting under there to adjust the stopper rod was a bugger - I oft feared ever having to maneuver a basin wrench to try and get the faucet out.  Life would've been easier for everybody if they'd just made the counter a half inch wider.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat