Author Topic: What Slide out mechanism do I have?  (Read 3767 times)

Mike Shumack

What Slide out mechanism do I have?
« on: November 22, 2017, 04:28:33 PM »
I'm wanting to gather information (manuals, etc.) on all of the components of my new coach. I would like to have the resources available/ready to troubleshoot and diagnose any problems that may come up. And I want to know how to manually retract the slide.

I've combed over the entire HWH site and have not found anything that looks like the slide mechanism I have. I know HWH provided the hyd cylinder, as it has their name and part number on it.

The Driver's side main slide out is a single cylinder unit with a "rack and pinion" like setup on the sides for alignment. There are rollers the slide moves on. I can't find anything on this setup (other than I found the part number for a replacement cylinder).

Does anyone one knows what system I have?

Here's a photo of the setup.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:30:40 PM by Mike Shumack »

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Re: What Slide out mechanism do I have?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 05:07:49 PM »
Mike, our coach is a 2005, and I can't imagine Monaco using different vendors. I know ours is HWH. I have a question for you. How did you get to that mechanism to take the pictures? Our slides are all sealed on the bottom. Did you go under the coach to look at them from there? I'm too big to get under there comfortably (6-3..210lb) plus I'm really reticent about doing it, even if I could fit.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Mike Shumack

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 05:50:14 PM »
On the driver's side front (Living room) slide out the basement compartments attached to the room so when the room comes out it is easy to see in there from the sides.

The other three slides just slide out "over the basement compartments" and are as you described (just a sealed box) so you can't see any of the mechanism from the outside.
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson

William Jordan

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 09:39:53 PM »
Looks similar to mine . In 03 .. power gear is what was used on mine. I believe they were bought out by lippert
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 09:42:19 PM by William Jordan »

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 11:32:26 PM »
Mike and everyone
Ours is also HWH slide mechanisms.  When the bedroom slide is part way in you can reach around the verticle moulding on the left side and take a picture of the mechanism.  There is a label there with HWH part numbers which are necessary when dealing with mfg.
A further point is that the side mouldings inside are removable as is the top and bottom.  They are glued in with silicon or just velcro depending.  Be careful because the moilding is fragile.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 12:51:28 AM »
Mike and everyone
Ours is also HWH slide mechanisms.  When the bedroom slide is part way in you can reach around the verticle moulding on the left side and take a picture of the mechanism.  There is a label there with HWH part numbers which are necessary when dealing with mfg.
A further point is that the side mouldings inside are removable as is the top and bottom.  They are glued in with silicon or just velcro depending.  Be careful because the moilding is fragile.
We had one of those scissor arms on the bedroom slide (curbside) come loose from the wall. Thankfully, our service guy was able to re-attach, and re-enforce it without removing the slide itself.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad
The following users thanked this post: Keith Moffett