Author Topic: Gauge light  (Read 3302 times)

Bob Adams

Gauge light
« on: January 01, 2011, 09:18:30 PM »
I have a light out in one of the gauges in the dash. The gauge itself functions properly. Anyone have a shortcut on how to get to it? Dash faceplate has screws in it (a lot) and there appears to be a panel on the top that might be removable but don't know. Can I replace just the bulb or do I need to do a whole new gauge? Thanks!

2005 Monterey Laguna IV

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
Re: Gauge light
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 10:40:40 PM »
On ours the panel on top is removable. It is held in place by Velcro. Once the panel is removed you can get to the back of the instrument panel easily. I would think the bulbs would be replaceable, but I don't know for sure.
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Mike And Mary Engen

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 01:56:48 AM »
Ours is a 1995 and yes, the panel is velcroed in.  I have easy access and the bulbs are easy to change, just match replacement with number on old bulb.  Just in case you get the bright idea that I did to change them to red, don't waste your time, hard to read gauges and did not look as nice as I thought it would.  If number is illegible, my Spartan chassis manual had the OEM numbers in it.  NAPA or any bigger auto parts should have them and pick up a spare.

Bob Adams

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 02:52:12 PM »
Thanks everyone for the responses. Sounds like I might get off easy for once . . .  :)