Author Topic: Air Intake  (Read 3633 times)

Thomas James

Air Intake
« on: December 07, 2017, 09:43:03 PM »
OK, Anyone out there know where I might get one of these?? It's an Air Intake for my engine(Diesel). I called bend. They can't even find a print of one. It's on my 94 Patriot. TIA -

Gerald Farris

Re: Air Intake
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 01:50:52 AM »
Thomas,
If you are talking about the outer piece that is broken, the reason that BCS could not find one is that it was not a Beaver part. That part was added/fabricated by a previous owner. The original Beaver air intake was the part that the broken part is fastened to that sets flush with the side of the coach.

Gerald

Thomas James

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 12:29:31 PM »
Oh, OK. As usual, Thank you Gerald. I still want to replace that piece. It's just old and yellow. IDK tho, maybe I can just clean it up. Thanks again. I owe you SO much for all your, and everyone else's help. Later,

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 01:06:47 PM »
To me the broken plastic vent looks like a floor vent heat diversion cover. It keeps heat off curtains when the heater vent is close to a wall. Should be able to get at Home Depot. I would not replace it because it is a air restriction. Measure the square inches of the opening without it and the same with what you have if it was all there. Also that type of plastic is not meant to have the ultraviolet from the sun on it. It will start yellowing and become brittle like you have. The way it's installed maybe they were trying to keep rain out. The factory intake has water drainage built in.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9