Author Topic: Who makes the Shore Power cable reel?  (Read 2537 times)

Mike Shumack

Who makes the Shore Power cable reel?
« on: December 23, 2017, 11:30:18 PM »
My power winding Shore Power cable reel is acting up. The motor runs but the last two feet of cable is not pulled in. There may be some kind of clutch mechanism that needs adjustment. it could be that the cable did not spool/feed in correctly. I'll check that this weekend.

I would like to find a manual for this reel so I can see how it works, how to adjust it, and have the parts breakdown if needed.

Does anyone know what brand/manufacturer was used for the 2005 Patriot's "Shore Power" powered cable reel?

Thanks

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Who makes the Shore Power cable reel?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 03:08:28 AM »
Mike,
The electric winding reel is made Glendening and is a Cablemaster.  I will send you a copy of the manual through your e-mail.  There is an opening in your driver's side closet which opens into the cable bin.  Near the top are some rubber wheels which can be tightened to pull the hose in better.  By the way, it will work better if every time you use it, you clean it as you pull it in.
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Mike Shumack

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 11:15:40 AM »
I received your e-mail with the manual. Thanks!

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 11:25:39 AM »
When we first purchased our coach about five years ago the cable reel would retract the cable beautifully.  After some time it didn't retract too well and I also discovered that cleaning the cable as it retracts would help the traction between the power wheel and the cable.  To take the weight off the retraction wheel I also lightly lift the cable and help it coil into the storage bin by giving the cable a twist as the mechanism pulls the cable in. I store the cleaning rag inside the shore cable door.

I rarely have a problem retracting the shore power cable anymore after learning the cable cleaning, lifting and twisting trick.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 01:34:02 PM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 03:17:58 PM »
Adjusting the gap on the Glendinning Cablemaster can insure more positive retraction, but it can also lead to motor failure by not allowing any slippage between the cable and the retraction wheel if you adjust it too tight and the cord binds on something. My suggestion is to not adjust the reel until everything else has been tried, especially just cleaning the cord. Also, because of the accessibility of the Glendinning reel on most Beavers, adjusting it is a difficult job.

The above statement pertains to Beavers using the Glendinning Cablemaster (cord locker style) and not the coaches the roll the cord onto a large reel.

Gerald