Author Topic: Aqua-Hot Service & Repair  (Read 5845 times)

Orman Claxton

Aqua-Hot Service & Repair
« on: December 13, 2017, 06:43:50 PM »
Hello Everyone
I just wanted to let everyone know.
I am now officially retired (again) Not working on Aqua-hot.
It will not be an easy transition, But, it is about time it happens.
We still have the Beaver, I am sure we will see you down the road. 8) 8)
If anyone wants a referral, just give me a call
 Merry Christmas 8) 8)
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley, Bryan Beamon, Jim Nichols, Bob Stone

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Re: Aqua-Hot Service & Repair
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 11:20:07 PM »
WTG Orman! Enjoy your once again retirement! I would like to thank you for your help and expertise on the AquaHot.....
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 05:15:37 AM »
Great news Orman .......for you not the rest of us.  Thanks for all the time and the help.
I hope you will continue to be a source of info.  At least here on the forum.  All of our coaches are getting older and many of our new members are counting on this forum . 
Perhaps you might consider doing a video on Aqua Hot basics similar to the Sprague video on electrical?  Just a thought.
All the best and jope to see uou down the road.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 01:49:45 PM »
We hope you ans Susan enjoy retirement travel safe, Keith had a great idea the video of Aqua Hot care would be very helpful Orman.
FYI any one in region 1 looking for service Beaver Coach sales have techs and parts.   If your traveling check with John Carrillo 970 518 3085 he will be at most FMCA events and does service during the Quartsite rally and tent show 
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Dean Johnson

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 04:26:10 PM »
Also, for those in Happy Trails or the surrounding area in Surprise, AZ there is Mike Rugland, who is a factory trained tech on Aqua Hot. Hopefully he doesn't mind the plug here but he serviced mine last year.
his number is 408-891-0717
Dean & Anita
2014 Entegra Anthem
2005 Monterey Cat C-9
1993 Bounder (1st coach!)
2016 Lincoln MKX Toad
Past Region 1 Vice President

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 04:33:26 PM »
Orman,
Have a great 2nd retirement.  May it last longer than the first!  Want to thank you for all you did for the club as an Aqua-Hot representative and for all of your great advice.  Hopefully you will continue the advice on the forum.  Also hope to see you at many more rallies in the future.
Roy and Vicki
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 07:13:28 PM »
We ditto Roy and Vicki's comments.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 08:07:53 PM »
Orman,
Have fun in your retirement! I replaced your name with Mike Rugland (thx Dean) in the Service Providers list.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Roy Lewis

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 12:23:49 AM »
Thanks for your help and enjoy your retirement!

Bill Sprague

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2017, 04:56:07 PM »
Great news Orman .......for you not the rest of us.  Thanks for all the time and the help.
I hope you will continue to be a source of info.  At least here on the forum.  All of our coaches are getting older and many of our new members are counting on this forum . 
Perhaps you might consider doing a video on Aqua Hot basics similar to the Sprague video on electrical?  Just a thought.
I would enjoy producing an AquaHot basic service video.  All that needs to happen is that Orman and I need to be in the same spot where someone needs a basic service. 

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 07:43:41 PM »
I would enjoy producing an AquaHot basic service video.  All that needs to happen is that Orman and I need to be in the same spot where someone needs a basic service.
Just what is a basic service?
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Bill Sprague

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 11:47:59 PM »
Basic service is the following:

Replace Fuel Filter
Replace Nozzle
Clean and inspect the cumbustion chamber sleeve (look for cracks)
Inspect the burner head (fuel leaks, bare wires, rubber grommets)
Clean electrodes
Clean flame sensor
Check photo disc
Gap electrodes
Check coolant cap for leaks
Top off overflow tank
Test pH of coolant
The following users thanked this post: LaMonte Monnell

Steve Funk

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 01:27:41 AM »

I would gladly offer up my Agua Hot as a demo anytime.  Skill wise I can hold the camera.  Not sure if you two will be in Quartzite this January.  I will 8)

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2017, 04:30:04 PM »
Thank you so much for the expertise you have provided BAC members, Orman. And enjoy your retirement!

I can remember being in a pickle near Crater Lake in 2014 while working my way towards the FMCA rally in Redmond. Your prompt response to my call, and the spot on troubleshoot will never be forgotten.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

KC Snellgrove

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2017, 07:26:23 PM »
GOOD DAY! HAPPY HOLIDAYS my dear Beaver friends! My Olivia Jeans HydroHot system went kapooie. Would not turn on --- diesel or electric mode. I had a AquaHot certified repair guy take a look. He told me he did not take off the cover to the Hydro Hot. Why I do not know.

My question is that I think this service is OUTRAGEOUS. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?
Oh and by the way I left his place, went home (Portland) and then drove to Pacific City. Before I leave I always check my tire pressure and all OK. When I got to PC (all those windy roads) my drivers side tire was going flat. I WAS SCARED TO DEATH. I later talked to the guy who charged me the $909.00 and told him I had a flat. He had the balls to say to me "Oh was it the drivers front tire? I replied YES and he stated Oh I saw it had a nail in it and I forgot to tell you. OH MY GOD. He should have put it on the repair order and told me. HOW DANGEROUS. I wold have gone to Les Schwab and got it repaired.

Service: R/R fuel filter, fuel nozzle, clean chamber, photo eye, adjust electrodes. Labor $200.00.

Drain a  replace faulty level sensor, run test OK. Top off antifreeze. $120.00.
Notice leak in am, diagnosed leak, cant locate. Defective tank? 1.0 $120.00.
Combustion tube - 230.00
Fluid sensor 165.00

Fuel Filter 20.00
Fuel Nozzle 15.00
Gallon Boiler antifreeze 20.00
1 cap 15.00

Parts 465.00
Labor 440.00

Total 909.00

i would never go back to this guy. I DID FIND A CERTIFIED AQUAHOT SERVICE PERSON. His name is TOM DINSMORE at SPECCIALTY RV 503. 678 6595. He is in Aurora Oregon. He replaced my HydroHot with an AquaHot. EXCELLENT. I now go to him for all my coach needs or my wants instead of driving to Bend. I LOVE BCS and KEN, but they are always booked ou for months and the drive ...augh.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 04:39:22 AM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »