Author Topic: valid air leveling  (Read 2396 times)

marty christensen

valid air leveling
« on: January 14, 2018, 03:06:21 PM »
I seem to be having a problem leveling the coach at a campsite.  I have air leveling only (no jacks) and when I stop and push the auto button on the control panel I can hear the air released from the bags and the side to side (wheel to wheel) lights turn green to be level.  However the front to rear (axle leveling) stays red.  The aux air compressor turns on and off, as it always has but the front to rear never turns green to allow the control to go to sleep.

The travel mode works as it should and the tag lift works correctly.  So, I do not know if this is a loose wire or a sensor or what.  If I have to go to a chassis shop or can I make the repairs myself.

Anybody have any ideas??

Marty Christensen
08 Contessa,  42'    400hp cat

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Re: valid air leveling
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 04:33:10 PM »
First I would check the bottom of the control pad for a loose or unfastened connection. Go from easiest to more complicated checks.

I would think it would be a wire or connection issue.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 07:56:49 PM »
Marty,
May be that your system is giving out.  Monaco(Beaver) did NOT set this system up correctly according to Valid the manufacturer of the "original" unit.  I have  a 2008 Contessa 38" and I have had to replace the unit and re-plumb much of it.  I think that I have reported what had be done on this forum.  My first suggestion however would be to contact Valid they are in British Columbia Canada.  If you have their booklet or brochure their number is there.  If not let me know and I can give it to you.
Also the Power Gear company that bought it from Valid no longer supports it.
Leah Draper

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 08:07:30 PM »
Let me add also that there many posts regarding this system.  Search on both Valid and Power Gear and Power Gear leveling.
The following users thanked this post: Keith Moffett

Bryan Beamon

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 10:35:17 PM »
Marty, all the above information is good but you also could reset your control panel by holding down the power button for 10 seconds, then listen for ring/buzz to re-engage panel. The phone # for Valid in Salmon Arm, BC is 250 804 1247 and their tech support is excellent.
C & Bryan Beamon
2006  to present
2007 Contessa 42ft Cat C-9 400hp
1996 to 2006 97 Beaver Patriot Camden
The following users thanked this post: Keith Moffett

marty christensen

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 03:15:14 PM »
Thanks, guys
I did try Lamonte's idea first by removing the control panel, and removed the cable plugs and reinserted them and then pushed all the wires into the back of the plug and now moving to the next campsite everything seems to work as normal.  Weather that was the problem or not, it is now working.  Maybe something was loose and maybe dust got onto the contact, I do not know.

I am going to go thru the archives and look at some of the posts for this system.  I did not know this system was not plumbed according the manufacturers specs.  I would even know where to take this coach to correct the system.

Marty

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 07:12:30 AM »
Call or email Valid Air Leveling in Salmon Arm BC.  Goohle it.
Likely they can refer you to someone close to you.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!