Author Topic: Aladdin replacement of Sony VCB-MHD1 Monitor  (Read 4404 times)

Guy Pryor

Aladdin replacement of Sony VCB-MHD1 Monitor
« on: April 16, 2018, 09:07:20 PM »
OK I have a 2003 Beaver Contessa and My Sony VCB-MHD1 monitor for the Aladdin system has gone dark. I have done all the resets key on key off and the screen is not coming back on any more.  This Sony screen has been discontinued. But I have found a replacement screen at
 http://www.rvcams.com/p/15/VCB-MHD1-Kit.html  I have ordered this kit to replace my Sony Monitor it should arrive this Friday.
Now my Question is I would like to add a second screen so that I can have the backup camera and the engine status both up at the same time. I would like to know if this is possible to do and what parts I would need and how to to do it.   
Thanks for the help.

Mike Shumack

Re: Aladdin replacement of Sony VCB-MHD1 Monitor
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 09:48:09 PM »
Joe Henderson told me he added a seperate monitor (in addition to the Aladdin system monitor - which is a Kenwood on our coaches). The unit you linked to seems to be pretty expensive but that may be the price you have to pay for an exact fit replacement.

From Joe:
The monitor I added for the Aladdin system is a TFT Color Monitor. The bracket is screwed on to the dash (it fits nice I tight to the dash) it has a swivel on the back of it to tilt left, right, up and down. The cameras are displayed on this monitor not on the Kenwood. I  wanted a completely separate Navigation System without anything else on it so when I am driving I can look at it and only it.

Joe's coach is for sale in the Classified section. You could PM Joe and possibly get the make/model for the monitor he added, or go to Amazon and find a TFT monitor.  The pricing on these monitors looks to be under $50 for the majority I looked at. https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=tft+color+monitor&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=234335944936&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4291505746610092619&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011768&hvtargid=kwd-46324406&ref=pd_sl_60p4hobrjt_e

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 09:53:10 PM by Mike Shumack »

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 10:14:40 PM »
I have added a second screen on my last two coaches.  The current one is BOYO.  Just hooked the lead from the camera into that.  No longer have rear camera on first monitor.  I have side cameras which stayed on first monitor so I can see down the side of the coach and rear when changing lanes and rear and engine data the rest of the time.  You just have to figure where to mount the second monitor.
Mike
2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp

Guy Pryor

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 11:20:02 PM »
Thanks all That just sounds way to easy I think I can handle it.