Author Topic: Residential refrig and Inverter  (Read 1992 times)

Ron Langdon

Residential refrig and Inverter
« on: January 31, 2018, 04:02:14 PM »
I have recently installed a residential refrig in our 2008 Patriot Thunder. I read the many posts associated with the running the refrig off the inverter, and have plugged the refrig into the inverter outlet and have the inverter turned on.We are on shorepower. However, I am not clear why the refrig should be plugged into the inverter outlet as opposed to the regular 110 outlet? Why is it different from the microwave, blender,tv, etc? Could some one educate me?

Gerald Farris

Re: Residential refrig and Inverter
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 04:36:26 PM »
Ron,
The refrigerator is not different from the microwave or TV, they are plugged into inverter feed circuits also. The reason that your residential refrigerator needs to be plugged into an inverter powered circuit is so that it will have power when you are not on shore power or have the generator running, like when you are driving or when you spend an occasional night dry camping when traveling. When you are on shore power or have the generator running, it does not matter which circuit it is plugged into because all circuits are powered equally, but when you are not, only the inverter feed circuits have power.

Gerald

Ron Langdon

Re: Residential refrig and Inverter
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 04:18:43 AM »
Gerald, thank you! That clears up what was a bit of a mystery.