Author Topic: HWH warning light and dropping out of Travel mode while driving  (Read 4297 times)

Mike Shumack

HWH warning light and dropping out of Travel mode while driving
« on: February 08, 2018, 11:53:33 AM »
While driving today, my dash warning light "HWH Warning" came on. I looked at the HWH leveling panel and noticed the "Travel Mode" was off.

I pressed the Travel button and the green light came on and the dash warning light went off.

About 10 minutes later the dash warning light was back on and the green Travel light was off again. So I pressed the Travel button again and the green light came on and the dash warning light went off.

This repeated every 5 or 10 minutes for the entire drive - about two hours.
What is going on?

Gerald Farris

Re: HWH warning light and dropping out of Travel mode while driving
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 02:19:04 PM »
Mike,
There are a multitude of things that could be causing your issue, but since you did not state what type of HWH system you have (slides only, slides and air leveling, or slides air leveling and hydraulic jack leveling), there is not much I can say to help you. The best that I can do is tell you to call HWH technical support for trouble shooting help. They have excellent support, but they are so busy that you usually have to wait a day or so for a call back.

Gerald

Mike Shumack

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 05:04:01 PM »
Hi Gerald,

I have the HWH 2000 Air Leveling system, and there is an HWH slide (I have four slide outs) but I'm not sure of the slide out model. Is the Leveling and Slide system somehow connected or communicating with each other? I thought they were just separate systems by the same company.

I also have the RVA JII AR/E (3-point) hydraulic leveling.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 08:54:02 PM »
Mike,
Your systems are separate with the slides operated by hydraulics, on my 06 PT have had the HWH leveling system do some wacky things for no reason. Shutting down all the electrical power to the coach and rebooting the coach has seemed to cure such problems. Have never had the travel light and alarm show up. Does you ride leveling change when this happens?
Another source for HWH help is Stuart's Service 800-826-6267 they are a HWH service center and usually get some one on the phone when you call. Now I always call them first and if they can't help I call HWH.

Mike Shumack

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 09:35:46 PM »
There is no change to ride height or driving characteristics. I wouldn't even know about it except for the "warning" light that comes on the dash.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 10:55:04 PM »
Sounds like a false signal but you need to find out what is causing it.

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 05:54:29 PM »
We are having the same issue. Ours seems to be tied to the air system pressure. I have noticed when our air pressure while traveling drops to a certain pressure, I think it is around 90psi if my memory serves me right, the HWH warning light comes on. As soon as the compressor pumps it back up to around 120psi the light clears. There is no change in the ride height or handling of the coach. So, I’m guessing it’s a bad pressure switch for the HWH air bag system. I do need to get it checked out. One of these days it will be a real problem and I will think it’s not.
Larry Fisk
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

steve zannella

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 11:39:39 PM »
Mike

I had a similar experience the HWH travel mode light would go off and warning light would come on air pressure would drop and then rise.

It was my tag lift switch being engaged, every time I would slow down the tag would dump and raise causing the travel mode  light to go off and warning light come on. As soon as I increased speed ait pressure would drop warning light would go off and travel light would come on. Drove me nuts for a while until I reset tag switch.

Steve

Mike Shumack

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 11:00:29 AM »
Thanks for the help. I didn't "notice" any air pressure drop when this was happening. I need to go for another drive and watch the air pressure gauges this time.

If the air is dropping, I don't think it is dropping out of the normal range. It could be dropping due to typical system leakage and maybe normal air bag adjustments while driving. I did not step on the brakes during the HWH warning event (I was on I-95 for several hours) so if air pressure is dropping it is not from brake application.

So the issue may be that within the normal air pressure range (say 90 psi to 125 psi) and there is a pressure sensor that is out of tolerance causing the warning light. If I drop air pressure while sitting in my driveway and the Tavel light goes out and HWH warning light comes on, I will know that is the cause. However it may also take some road vibrations to make this reoccur.

Thanks

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 08:15:51 PM »
Yes Mike, I confirmed it by sitting parked and pumping my brakes. When the air pressure hit around 90 psi the warning light would come on and travel mode, green light go out. Once the air compressor pumped it back up, it clears.
Larry Fisk
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 02:31:20 PM »
Larry. , There has to be a pressure switch somewhere that trips the alarm, the where is the fly in the ice cream.