Author Topic: Shure Flo Pump Rebuild  (Read 2791 times)

Bill Sprague

Shure Flo Pump Rebuild
« on: February 18, 2018, 11:25:01 PM »
My Sure Flo fresh water pump died.  Not sure why.  I replaced it and all is well. 

I want to rebuild it as a spare, but I can't figure out how to trouble shoot. 

The motor runs fine.  I took it apart and there are only a couple pieces but nothing looks damaged.

Thanks in advance for the guidance!

Bill

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Shure Flo Pump Rebuild
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 01:46:11 AM »
Bill,
There are rebuild kits and utube videos on rebuild that may help. Goggle or Bing Shurflow rebuild.
Steve
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 03:52:38 AM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Joe Rhea

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 02:16:26 PM »
Bill:
I have quite a bit of experience with sur-flow pumps. All it takes is a one small piece of trash to hold one of the diaphragms  open. Inspect the diaphragms for cracks and debris, clean up and reinstall like they came out and the pump will start working.

Bill Sprague

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 03:13:02 PM »
Bill,
There are rebuild kits and utube videos on rebuild that may help. Goggle or Bing Shurflow rebuild.
Steve

Thanks Steve.  I did that yesterday for an hour or two.  (It was a slow day!)  I didn't find a way to test/troubleshoot the diaphragm part.  Rather than "buy it and try it" I thought I would post a question and see if there was another way.

Bill Sprague

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 03:16:14 PM »
Bill:
I have quite a bit of experience with sur-flow pumps. All it takes is a one small piece of trash to hold one of the diaphragms  open. Inspect the diaphragms for cracks and debris, clean up and reinstall like they came out and the pump will start working.

Thanks Joe.  I will take another, and much closer, look at the old diaphragm. 

Bill Sprague

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 02:22:55 AM »
Thank you Joe!

I took it apart and carefully examined the rubber diaphragm part.  It looked brand new.  Then I rinsed it in the kitchen sink and then blow dried it with compressed air. I then put it back together.  I clamped it to my bench, put a bucket under it with some water and jammed some tubing into the inlet.  I jumper cabled it to the car battery.

It worked!  I don't know why it didn't work in the RV a few weeks ago when it would not pump out of the RV antifreeze jug.  With temperatures dropping that day I went to the nearest RV store and bought a new one!  Maybe I didn't have to.

I now have a spare to back up the new $100 pump!