Author Topic: Suggested mail forwarding services for short time travels?  (Read 3322 times)

Mandy Canales

• BAC Member
Suggested mail forwarding services for short time travels?
« on: March 01, 2018, 08:21:45 PM »
It's getting close to travel time in the summer and have been wondering what would be the best mail forwarding service if we just wanted to have it for 2 1/2 months.  Anyone out there have any suggestions?
Mandy Canales
90 Beaver Marquis 40'
Cat 3208
Charter Member
Apple Valley, CA

Bill Sprague

Re: Suggested mail forwarding services for short time travels?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 12:42:14 AM »
Mandy,

When we were full timers we signed up with "My Home Address" in South Dakota.  That was 12 years ago!

Then we bought a condo to go with the Beaver.   We continue to have all "important" mail sent to our PMB at My Home Address.  But, over the years, our mail volume of less important mail to the condo has grown. 

When we are in the condo we have My Home Address automatically send accumulated mail once a week.

When we are on the road we use the USPS online to register a "temporary change of address".  The USPS then sends everything headed to the condo to My Home Address.  They hold it until we ask for it from wherever we might be.

For short trips, we only have USPS hold the mail until we return.

We have never lost any mail that I know of.  The system works well for us.  There is an annual charge at My Home Address and they bill us for actual postage. 

Call me or BJ if you have any questions about how we manage it. 

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 12:46:17 AM »
We are on a 90 day trip, and use My Home Address as the forwarder of our mail. We change our home address to the PMB in South Dakota, making sure when we do it online that we check the box that says it's a temporary change. The USPS allows you to put an end date on the temporary address, and then they automatically start sending our mail back to our home address after that date.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 03:29:40 AM »
Mandy,
When we started we were in San Diego most of the time.  We had someone come pick our mail up at the PO Box, could have been house if we had had one, then forward it to us as we gave them addresses and times.  Also, a local Postal Annex could be arranged with your local post office and they could forward your mail as requested.
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13