Author Topic: SeaLevel Tank Monitoring System  (Read 2090 times)

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
SeaLevel Tank Monitoring System
« on: March 19, 2018, 03:38:22 PM »
i have seen where several people have installed this system and would like to know how you like it.  Trying to decide how hard to push hubby to install it. It sure would be nice to have more exact tank info when dry camping!
Thank,

Laura
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Re: SeaLevel Tank Monitoring System
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 03:59:53 PM »
RVUpgrades.com is running a drawing for a free one. The 709 model I think, that interfaces with the Aladdin System.

We had it installed in Gillette in 2013. The only caution I would advise, is make sure to get the strips long enough to go the entire height of your tanks. The guy who did ours in Gillette, didn't have the right size, so we compromised for a substantial break in price. Our tanks show zero until there's actually about 5 gallons in them, so we just add 5 gallons to every reading. When I dump, the gray water for example, the reading in the bay says zero before the clear fitting shows the flow has stopped. Not a big deal.

Other than that, we are extremely pleased with the system. It is plug and play in to your Aladdin module in the bay. Never any issue. Ever.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad
The following users thanked this post: Larry Dedrick

Steve Funk

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 04:16:27 PM »
I installed it on our coach and do like it.  I did not integrate it with the Aladdin but added a monitor in the wet bay and one above the door with the Magnum controls and other monitors and displays.  If I did it again I think I would put the 2nd monitor in the bathroom or someplace more readily reachable to see.  Easy to install on the Monterrey as the tanks are very accessible.  I didn't bother to wire the propane as we use so very little of it anyway.  The system comes with three sensors (Black, Grey, Fresh)  need to have two for the water tank as it is taller so I have a couple extra.  Let me know if you have any questions I can help you with.

Steve 

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 04:22:37 PM »
Steve,
It’s my understanding that we can install their monitor where our existing one is in the hallway. Is it plug and play. I had hubby install all new marker lights and it was much more involved than I thought so he’s not anxious for me to order this for him to do. I watched some videos on installing it and it seemed pretty easy to me especially if we can use the existing wiring. My only concern is we have two TECMA toilets that also use a tank sensor I’m not sure we can integrate them into it
Thanks,
Laura
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

Steve Funk

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 05:07:38 PM »
I'm not sure how to integrate with the Aladdin but I know you can.  It should be an easy do.  I can say the Sea Level is accurate and pretty much fail safe.  No messy sensors to deal with and an easy install.

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 03:21:42 AM »
The toilet sensors are separate and were not affected when we installed.  Great system and fairly easy to install using existing wiring.  I think we had to run a line to the batteries to get a proper ground so check that out as to which ground to use.
Mike
2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 04:23:48 AM »
The tech who installed ours ran the wires from the three tank sensors (the green strips) to the Aladdin control board in the bay where the black and gray tanks are. He spliced the telephone type wire (I know it has a  name..can't remember it) to the tank sensor wire and plugged them back in. The coach is parked next to the house. Tomorrow I will got out and take pictures and post them.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 04:08:56 PM by Stan Simpson »
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

jeffprupis

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 06:44:14 PM »
Love it. Installed monitor in galley - perfect location. Go for it.

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 12:52:10 AM »
Here are the pictures of our install. There is also one on the fresh tank, 3 lines going in to the Aladdin interface module. I was wrong, the tech used new phone type wire to attach to the wires on the sensor strips on the outside of each tank.
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad
The following users thanked this post: Bob Stone, Larry Dedrick