Author Topic: Looking for info on HWH Slide mechanism - anyone have a parts breakdown?  (Read 2980 times)

Mike Shumack

The large front slide, roadside, has a sort of gear-rack alignment setup. I found the part on the hyd cylinder (AP30763) and spent hours looking through all the HWH parts catalogs trying to find something on this slide.

I can find the reference to the AP30763 cylinder and its repalcement RAP91666 (a 30" stroke), but can't find anything on the actual mechanism.

I would like to have parts diagrams for the slide mechanism. Are there rollers available? How is it adjusted? Ect.

As far as I can can tell, this is a single cylinder with no synchronizing cylinder (unless it's hidden somewhere up top). It would be helpful in my search if I knew what series of slideout this is: from this list https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml17785_01_nom_pr_so.html

I would like to know if it is possible to manually retract this slide by releasing hyd pressure and turning the "square shaft" with a big wrench. (the owners manual just says to get a bunch of people, release the valve on the solenoid and push the slide in).

If anyone has more information on this slide mechanism let me know. Ad I'll keep looking. Thanks.
Just to add.. there is nothing wrong with the slide now. I like to have info on the parts of the coach just in case something breaks.

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
I know from personal experience, the only way to get the slide in for an emergency is to relieve the pressure and have a bunch of people  push it in.
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Mike Shumack

Would a Come-Along (hand winch) attached from frame to the location where the hyd cylinder is attached work (after relieving pressure)?
I don't know that one can always count on a handful of strangers to be available when needed.

Pat Long

Mike,    My system is the very same as yours and has 1 cylinder as yours.  The rod that is mounted under the slide mechanism has 2 geared sprockets that engage the slide geared track.  That rod is a Live Axle being the sprockets on the rod are locked to the rod via shear pins and that is your timing system as you have asked.  On my live axle it has a Hex nut welded to it and if the slide hydraulics fail I can still wrench it is via the nut

Mike Shumack

That's good to know Pat.

I assume HWH made the unit since it is "their hyd cylinder" - but are there seems to be no parts diagrams or other info on the gear mechanism,
I can only find the cylinder listed in the part book.

Do you know HWH identified this style slide as? (referring to the list of styles in the link in my previous post). Maybe BCS would know.