Author Topic: Water pump voltage  (Read 1977 times)

Tic Wilson

Water pump voltage
« on: March 15, 2018, 10:44:57 PM »
After our water pump has been off for a spell, it seems to start with slow flow, then it picks up flow.  Once it has been cycled, it starts flowing normal,  All faucets and commode.  The lamp that shows that the pump is switched on, dims dramatically when this problem first shows or first time used.  This dimming is in parallel with the slow flow.  Battery voltage in the coach is good and this is the only manifestation of a voltage problem that I can identify.  So, any idea on where the 12V wiring that feeds this pump is routed?  It may be a grounding problem.  2005 Monterey.  Thanks!

Tic Wilson

Re: Water pump voltage
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 02:35:38 AM »
I neglected to say that the pump had been in place for  over six years, so I replaced it with another.  The new pump did not change the result, so I suspect voltage or bad ground.  I do not have a wiring diagram that shows the DC distribution to the water pump.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 06:00:49 PM »
Tic,
Your problem sounds like a bad connection at or in your latching relay. Since your coach is a 2005, it probably uses an Intellitec water pump controller that has an internal latching relay. If you check the connections, voltages, and, ground at the controller, you should be able to identify the problem. If the problem is internal to the controller, replacements are available.  https://www.amazon.com/Intellitec-00-00145-100-WATER-PUMP-CONTROLLER/dp/B0176TO7RO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521218603&sr=8-1&keywords=intellitec+water+pump+controller

Gerald

Tic Wilson

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 09:37:42 PM »
Gerald, you are correct.  Evidently, the ground return within the latching controller has failed.  A new one will be waiting for me in Myrtle Beach.  In the meantime, I ran a frame ground to the ground side of the motor and we have great water pressure.