Author Topic: Hydraulic pump coupler Magnaloy  (Read 2191 times)

Gaetan Goyette

Hydraulic pump coupler Magnaloy
« on: June 04, 2018, 02:15:32 PM »
Hi, I am very happy to be a new member.  I have some experience in many fields and hope to be able to help others. For now I am about to replace the insert on a Magnaloy coupling between the engine and hydraulic fan pump. Any and all help is welcome
Beaver Patriot 1996 Savannah model
Cat 3126 Engine
http://www.magnaloy.com/catalog_pdf/CouplingCatalog.pdf

Thanks
Gaetan Goyette

I did the work but the insert broke again.
Can someone help me with a schematic of the cooling system :-\
I could better diagnose the problem.

Thanks
Gaetan Goyette
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 10:17:55 PM by Gaetan Goyette »
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson

Gerald Farris

Re: Hydraulic pump coupler Magnaloy
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 04:52:01 AM »
Gaetan,
I have seen the coupling design on your coach and I know that they have always been a maintenance issue, but I have never replaced one so I might be of little or no help here. The main reason that most couplers of this design fail prematurely is because of an alignment problem.

Gerald

Gaetan Goyette

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 01:36:13 PM »
Thank you Gerald.
You are right the initial cause was a misalignment caused by a loose retaining bolt.  Now  after installing a new insert and making absolutely sure it was aligned, the insert failed again I think it is the couplings themselves that had been damaged.

So now I am waiting for new parts. I am not sure that my diagnosis is correct. So while I wait for the parts I would like to see if it is possible that the pump side could be at fault. Could it have stopped turning,  causing the destruction of the insert?

I will post the results  :(
Gaetan

Gaetan Goyette

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 03:15:50 AM »
Well I did replace the coupling now everything now works fine