Author Topic: Help with purchase of '99 Patriot Thunder  (Read 14909 times)

LEAH DRAPER

Re: Help with purchase of '99 Patriot Thunder
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 01:26:54 PM »
Jim,
I have the manual for the 99PT which you may have.  HOWEVER, it is in NM and I am in AZ and won't return until April.
If you want to wait that long and give me an address via email, I'll send it when I get home.

leah

David Parham

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2011, 02:37:12 AM »
[quote author=]If your pre purchase falls out of inspection, I have a very clean 2000 40' Patriot/Princeton with only 42K miles. 330 Cat boosted to 430 HP, along with a new style Hydro Hot by Rixson just 1 year ago. Many,many more upgrades to list here. I have all maintenance records. No smoke/no pets. Wife died is reason for selling. Make me a decent offer!!
Steve Lercel
951-306-6697[/quote]

Steve, I also have a 2000 Patriot. How did you boost your HP? Also what was the cost to upgrade to the Hydro Hot system? Any info would be appreciated.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 01:01:16 PM »
OK, first let me say Woo Hoo.  Congratulations.
Regarding the heat and cool up front situation, here is the story as I was told by Jim in Sandy Or.
When these MH were being built, he sold the Hurricane units to Beaver.  The specifications for heating called for three radiator units in the Salon area one being high output under the fridge.  Beaver saved money by eliminating one radiator by the passanger seat all together and using a regular output under the fridge.
Time goes on and our units get older and there is a little air flow from various places and what was a weakend system when new now works poorly.  We for example get air all around the slide out and through the fridge compartment thus making the Salon area cold.
Jim was able to install a high flow high output fan set up under the fridge.  We have used it in about thirty degrees and when the slide is open it warms up from cold in about ten minutes to over 70 degrees.
Replacing the entire Hurricane unit is spendy.  I have been quoted thousands of dollars for this and am quite happy with the Hurricane.  Will be happier when we get the Comfort hot add on so we can heat without using the diesel while plugged in.  Gerald Ferris has the info on this.
Here's to future toddies with you somewhere down the road.

Keith and Carol
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!