Author Topic: Need to run wires from dash to rear of coach. Any tips?  (Read 3774 times)

Mike Shumack

Need to run wires from dash to rear of coach. Any tips?
« on: March 30, 2018, 05:13:24 PM »
I need to run wires from dash area to rear of coach for Dock lights, Rope/Awning lights, and my new Pyrometer gauge. The pyrometer has its own roll of wire, and I bought a 100' roll of 14 ga four-conductor wire for the other stuff (and this will give me some spares too). I figure I will run everything to the engine compartment then branch off of a terminal strip for the dock and rope lights.

But getting that wiring from the dash to back is not going to be easy. I don't see a clear path. I will probably need to drill a 1/2" hole in the floor inside the cab (maybe in the left console) then route along the frame until I get to the center body section where the frame "disappears".

Does anyone have any advise on routing, or tips to make this easier? If not, I'll just stock up on Advil and figure it out as I go.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Need to run wires from dash to rear of coach. Any tips?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 05:51:46 PM »
Mike,
No need to drill any holes. Run the wires through the driver side wall into the front electrical bay. From there you can run them to the underside of the coach and back via the chassis to the rear. I use clothes hanger wire with the end taped to punch through the foam. Once it's through, tape the wires to the hanger wire and pull them through. You'll probably have to remove the driver console front panel to access the wire run from the dash to the electrical bay.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Pat Long

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 09:03:59 PM »
Mike,   I did the same thing by running down the left console into the electrical bay and then through the inside wall of the electrical bay,  Once there I ran the frame rail to the storage compartment wall through the storage bay and out the back wall not the trans diff area and back to the engine compartment.   Took most of the day, but got it done.  Had enough wire loom to incase the whole run to protect the wires from damage.  It would be easier if you had help from someone else while you were under the coach doing this.

Mike Shumack

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 11:03:45 PM »
Thanks for the game plan. As soon as the wire arrives I'll get started.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 01:14:04 AM by Mike Shumack »