Author Topic: VMSPC  (Read 2169 times)

Daniel McShane

• BAC Member
VMSPC
« on: March 25, 2018, 02:25:12 PM »
Hello all,
Looking to add the VMSPC to my coach since the original Silverleaf unit has never worked since I bought the coach. I have a 6 pin connector. Any thoughts and is the unit only available from Silverleaf?

Daniel
1999 Monterey Trinidad 30 ft
Cat 3126b
2009 Jeep Wrangler toad

Gerald Farris

Re: VMSPC
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 03:33:18 PM »
Daniel,
This subject has been discussed many times on the BAC forum, so if you search on VMSPC, you can find several solutions that were used by others. Some owners just set a laptop on the dash, while others have made permeant mounts to hold a tablet that was attached to a charging cord. The end result is that the VMSPC system works very well, and many owners with later model coaches and Aladdin systems have opted for the VMSPC because they like it better than the Aladdin. 

Since the software is a free download from Silverleaf, all you need is the interface cable between your computer or tablet and the coach. You can sometimes find these used or through a Silverleaf vendor, but since there are several options, you are usually better off to purchase the exact cable you need from Silverleaf. Several owners that I know of who purchased used cables, ended up having to buy adapters to make it fit their application, and ended up saving very little if any money.   

Gerald

Daniel McShane

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 07:32:45 PM »
Thank you Gerald, I just ordered the unit from Silverleaf and now I have a project.
1999 Monterey Trinidad 30 ft
Cat 3126b
2009 Jeep Wrangler toad

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 02:38:44 AM »
Daniel, just a heads up.  I recall hearing that the VMSPC can be used only with a Windows based tablet or pc.  Might want to confirm that.  Please let us know how it goes.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!