George Vukich

Wax
« on: March 22, 2009, 11:53:38 PM »
What is a good wax to use on a rv?
George

Marty and Suzie Schenck

Re: Wax
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 01:01:59 AM »
We use "Protect All" on ours twice a year. Spray it on wipe it off. No complaints and lots of compliments. I also wax the top once a year with a marine grade wax. Marty

Bill Sprague

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 03:32:45 AM »
I use Protect All like Marty.  I use microfiber rags from Costco.  It is really easy.  One aerosol can will do the entire motorhome.  Thinking it was "too good to be true", I did half the hood on my extra shiny car.  (Red Honda S2000) I used a harder to apply brand on the other side.  I watched it for six months of driving in Northwest weather.  There was no difference.

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 01:44:40 PM »
On our '97 we use Zip Wash and Wax and have ever since we bought it with good results. We do keep it under a pole barn when in storage and wash at least once a monthe including roof. I think part of it is being out of the elements, especially the SW FL sun when not in use however. I have seen good reviews on Protect All but one step wash a wax is even easeir and so far works for us. We do dry the windows to prevent water spots.

Tim Bentley

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 12:00:46 AM »
If you are looking for a true paste wax, I like Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax.   It is the only one I have found that will hide the swirl marks in my black paint.   It is easy to apply, wipes off easy when dry, lasts a long time and has a deep shine,  There is also a companion spray touch up wax.  You can find it at Wal-mart.