Author Topic: Fresh water tank question  (Read 2817 times)

Lawrence Tarnoff

Fresh water tank question
« on: June 27, 2018, 03:53:55 AM »
Is the fresh water tank single-wall or double-wall construction?  I kinda asked this in an earlier post, but guess I wasn’t clear on what I need to know.  Trying to get See-Level system installed and tech claims tank is double wall.

Mike Shumack

Re: Fresh water tank question
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 02:11:34 PM »
Your tank could be different, but my coach is a 2005 and it is "single wall".
I've never seen a double wall tank used - on any model coach. As far as I can tell, they are all made of polyethylene.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 02:18:54 PM by Mike Shumack »

Lawrence Tarnoff

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 04:34:12 PM »
Is it possible that the tank resides within a sheet metal enclosure?

Mike Shumack

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 07:10:13 PM »
Can you see the tank?
On my coach the tank in the forward compartment on the passenger side (adjacent to AquaHot).
With the compartment door open the tank is visible and the water level in the tank can be seen.

Perhaps the plastic on your tank is thicker than normal. Maybe the See-Level sensor in the kit is defective.

This is the typical tank setup (photo from Stan's post):

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 07:35:09 PM »
The freshwater tank in our coach appears to sit over/between the two frame rails and is nearly impossible to see unless the two living room slides are open.  Of course, if you crawl under the coach, then its bottom is likely visible.  I don't know... haven't crawled under there.  I assume the tank is plastic, but I cannot see it.  There appear to be two vertical metal(?) sheets fixed at their bottoms to the outside of the frame rails that encloses the plastic tank on the tank's left and right sides.  There appears to be a bit of clearance between the diesel tank and freshwater tank with the generator, diesel tank, and freshwater tank lined up front to back in series.  Interestingly, all three appear to be roughly that same width and are located on the exact centerline of the coach.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

William Jordan

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 07:36:38 PM »
My water tank isn’t in a compartment like the waste tanks are. Since the slideouts compartments are mounted on the slides the tank is hung in the middle between the frame rails just like my fuel tank and behind it.  The tank to my knowledge is plastic but is covered with a sheet metal “box” around it.perhaps that’s what your installer is talking about?  Overflow and drain pipes protrude from the box. Removing the metal box cover might be time consuming. I’m not sure where the sensors are but the tank does slightly go into the center pass through ( where the waste tanks inverter etc are) but it’s covered by carpeted wall. Perhaps there are behind that wall if it’s removable.

Lawrence Tarnoff

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 09:14:26 PM »
Thanks, guys.  It appears my tank is indeed enclosed with sheet metal.  This will make installing the sensor a big PITA.  I will live with the Aladdin readout until I can crawl underneath to find an uncovered access point.