Author Topic: Thanks to Dave  (Read 2205 times)

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Thanks to Dave
« on: July 01, 2019, 06:37:36 PM »
Our C9 threw a Check Transmission warning and wouldn't come out of 4th on our way back from the east coast. After shutting it down for a few minutes and restarting, no warning but coach shifted rough and seemed to miss. Took it to the Allison shop here in town. Charged me $300 + to run a diagnostic and tell me I had an engine problem. For another $300+ they would run an engine diagnostic. Told them to button it up. Called Dave and he ran a diagnostic that indicated a possible injector problem (#1) and a couple of possibly bad sensors. Adding "O" rings to the injector connectors improved starting significantly but still had the miss. A new injector actuation sensor reduced the miss but didn't eliminate it. I had Empire replace injector #1 (have warrantee policy) and it's running good. Thanks Dave for your guidance!
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Jim Nichols, Chuck Jackson

Bill Sprague

Re: Thanks to Dave
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 04:22:36 PM »
A couple weeks ago I saw a fluid drip from under the transmission on our Mercedes Sprinter.  Dave has a Sprinter so I called, introduced myself and asked a couple questions.  He generously provided the useful information I needed.  We were on the phone for 45 minutes!  Dave is a very generous, knowledgeable and friendly man!
The following users thanked this post: Jim Nichols

Dale Soule

• BAC Member
Re: Thanks to Dave
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 11:45:55 PM »
I have used Dave Atherton close to a dozen times for information and emergencies, He has been right on and saved me a lot of money and down time.  I have also used other people on this forum and there information has all been much appreciated.
2006 Beaver Monterey Montclair IV
Chassis: Magnum
Engine: C-9-400
Dale Soule'
The following users thanked this post: Jim Nichols