Author Topic: Fresh water auto fill valve  (Read 8838 times)

Mike Shumack

Re: Fresh water auto fill valve
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2018, 11:11:52 AM »
I have not looked into the electrical side of the Fill valve - but I found this drawing which shows the Fill Valve connection/plug as it relates to the Aladdin system. So I'm assuming the Fill valve switches (Kitchen and Wet bay) are connected to the Fill Valve (Red Hat) through the Aladdin.
See figure 12 on page 2.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2018, 02:18:22 PM »
James - We have the same coach, and ours also has the two Fresh Tank Fill switches - one in the Wet Bay and one under the countertop in the galley.  Our galley switch is inoperable, always has been since we purchased the coach.  I don't know why it's inoperable, but I suspect it's easy to forget it's on when filling the tank when inside the coach.  Several times I have started the tank filling and got to doing something else, then, fortunately, hear water overflowing the tank.  Our switch in the galley is wired up but just doesn't make the Red Hat solenoid open and close.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2018, 10:06:19 PM »
Mike, thanks for looking into this as I am about to do it too.
I also wonder if the green w/yellow wire goes to enclosure ground on a commercial application?

Bob
It has been several years since the only other time I replaced a Redhat.  I believe the one red goes to hot and the other to ground on a 12V system.  Both reds go to hot on a 24 volt set up.
I dont suggest anyone taking this as fact without further verification but that is my recollection.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Mike Shumack

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2018, 10:16:33 PM »
The Intellitec Latching switch is used for controlling the Water Pump from multiple switch locations. Could there be a similar "latching switch" for the Fresh Water Fill?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 11:17:54 PM by Mike Shumack »

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2018, 09:39:02 AM »
Mike, we have often wished we had a fill switch inside also.  To my knowlege the only one we have is in the wet bay.  I do know that the Aladdin indicates when the Auto Fill is left on so there could be something there.
I am not sure what is meant by Latching Switch but I am unaware of any such!
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Mike Shumack

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2018, 11:17:03 AM »
My coach has a Fill switch in the wet bay and one under the Kitchen counter next to Water pump and AquaHot switches. I don't know how the Fill switch is wired to the Red Hat valve.
The Water pump does use a latching relay, so any of the pump on/off switches can operate it (I have three WP switches in the coach and one in the wet bay).

« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 03:13:05 PM by Mike Shumack »

Walter Parr

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2019, 03:33:36 AM »
James,
If you are going to replace your red hat valve, be sure to get one that is 12V, and has at least a 65 PSI or higher pressure differential like this one. 
https://www.zoro.com/asco-solenoid-valve-brass-nc-air-inert-gas-8210g002/i/G0446747/
The one that Frank listed only has a 40 PSI pressure differential rating, so it might no give you the service that you are looking for. 

Gerald

How do you know which one to get? The specs only says a differential pressure of 5 psi on the one you listed.
I have a 93 Grand Marquis and my soleniod went.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2019, 09:44:55 AM »
Walt
I prefer to just replace with new but it may also be possible to install a rebuild kit in the existing one.  The detail plate would list the rebuild kit number from the manufacturer.
I bought a new one off Ebay and it was supposed to be 12V but was actually 110.  I used the new one to rebuild the old.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Walter Parr

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2019, 12:22:15 AM »
Thanks Keith  :)
Got the old one pulled out, what a pain, big guy like me in a small opening under the sink. The input connection was not within the opening under the cover.
My valve has no part # on it, just the solenoid, so I'll just trust it's the same one a Gerald pointed to.