Author Topic: What does the Vent switch in bath connect to (operate)?  (Read 3534 times)

Mike Shumack

What does the Vent switch in bath connect to (operate)?
« on: May 15, 2018, 12:57:39 PM »
In my 2005 Patriot (Vicksburg floor plan), there is a switch in the bathroom under the sink (next to light switches) labeled Vent.
What is that switch supposed to do?

I have the ceiling fan with the rotary knobs (temp and fan speed) and it has an on/off switch. I tried the Vent switch to see if it was connected to this ceiling fan, but it had no effect.

There is also a ceiling grill (vent?) in the bath. I hear no fan or feel any air movement there regardless of switch position. The Owners' manual has a picture showing the switches under the vanity, but does not describe what that switch is for.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 01:00:25 PM by Mike Shumack »

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
Re: What does the Vent switch in bath connect to (operate)?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 02:00:11 PM »
Mine operates the fantastic fan in the ceiling of the bathroom.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

William Jordan

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 02:10:13 PM »
On mine it opens and turns on and off ( opens and closes the vent ) on the fantastic fan. Evidently if and when the fan is replaced it can no longer function as newer fans aren’t wired to use them ( one wire to power fan another the cover)  BCS replaced my non functioning “head” fan and left the switch non functional. They told me the new ones don’t / can’t use the second power wire The other two fans in the coach are original and still work with the fan. I suspect the switch still powers a  unused “second” wire at the fan.

Mike Shumack

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 02:54:58 PM »
Thanks

Roy C Tyler

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 03:33:03 PM »
Mike, try closing the vent and pushing the rotary knob up. If it slides up, turn on the power switch on the fan and then try the switch under the sink.  My Fantastic Vent works with the switch but also works manually if the knob is pulled down and turned.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 03:57:42 PM »
With the new design Fantastic Fan that has an open/close switch on the fan, you can still use the originally installed  open/close wall switch by taking the wires off of the switch on the fan and running them through your Beaver installed switch.

I replaced all 3 Fantastic Fans in my current coach and wired them in this manner so that the original Beaver installed switches still function so that my wife does not need to reach the fan itself to turn it on. This rewiring does not change any other fan functions, so the fan still closes with the ran sensor and the motor turns off and on with the thermostat.   

Gerald 

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 04:10:36 PM »
Mike, turn the fan speed switch from 0 to 1, then use the wall switch to operate the vent and lid. On the road in Cannon Beach, Or.

Bill
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."