Author Topic: Sewer/HH Exhaust  (Read 2115 times)

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
Sewer/HH Exhaust
« on: July 12, 2018, 01:51:19 PM »
Judging by the number of posts in the past, I'm not the first to take out the sewer "manifold" with a rock!  In addition it bent the Hydro Hot exhaust pipe and tore loose a hanger or two.  The HH exhaust pipe is hanging very low now, possibly bent in the middle.  I've used some metal strap to attache it to the bottom using 1.25 inch long wall board type screws.  They don't feel very tight but afraid of whats above the floor.

I've read the posts and found the parts for the sewer, thanks to Joel saying it was a standard part.  I've dissembled the old manifold and removed it.  It basically broke loose the seal on the black valve and made a smelly mess and broke the fitting for the gray off when it torqued around.  I'm hoping I can fix the sewer part of this issue even with my limited mechanical ability.  The old one came out in pieces, the new one probably won't, may have to make the hole in the bottom bigger. 

What kind of service facility will be able to fix the 15 or so foot hydro hot exhaust pipe?  RV service facilities are no help for several weeks.  You'd think they would have service available for travelers but no!  Any ideas?  A muffler shop may not be able to get it up.  Truck shop?

Appreciate any ideas of where to get a HH exhaust pipe fixed or replaced or at least secured properly?  And if you know of a repair facility or mobile guy in the Washington PA area it would be helpful.  I would love to have let someone else fix this whole thing.  Sorry for rambling post.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Bill Sprague

Re: Sewer/HH Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 02:38:26 PM »
Jerry,

When I tore mine off (in 2004!) I went to the nearest muffler shop.  They had the pipe and bent it to shape. 

Bill
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Emert

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 03:20:17 PM »
Really!  I discounted that because I thought they would not be able to get under it.  Thanks I'll try one.
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 03:39:26 PM »
Jerry,
In another post here, I saw you were in Grand Junction. A few years back, I forgot to close the hole in the power cord reel bay, and the cord worked its way out of the hole and I dragged it (unknown to me until a motorist motioned me about while passing) on the ground for about 30 miles. It was toast. I found a travel trailer dealer in Grand Junction, Humphrey RV, who accommodated us the next day, even though they were not a MH shop and were very busy. If you are still in that area, I would give them a call.

That said, I think a muffler shop is your best bet.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 04:59:57 PM »
Stan, in Washington PA right now.  When out west every time I called a RV service shop they had slots for travelers in their schedule.  We were turned away by a few but mostly they would fit us in.  We have tried in WV and now PA to get it in some where with no luck.  Guess it's a different attitude.  Grand Junction was great for service.  The Cummins coach care there was fantastic.  Another place right around the corner from them also when our door handle locked us out same time. 
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 02:44:53 AM »
Update: Sewer is fixed.  I surprised my non mechanical self.  Did not have to take the water manifold off.  The pipe to the gray tank was difficult because it was not lined up so the pipe had to be stressed from the factory.  Obviously good enough to last 15 years though.  Checking for leaks over the next few days but for now done.
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH