Author Topic: Hydraulic hose  (Read 2574 times)

Thomas Csibor

Hydraulic hose
« on: May 12, 2018, 11:48:30 PM »
The hydraulic hose for my main slide out sprung a,leak. It is the hose for the slide return and it disappears through the frame and comes out above the propane tank. Has anyone replaced this? How did you get it out and a new one in? Where it disappears into the frame is sealed off and not visible

Marty and Suzie Schenck

Re: Hydraulic hose
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 02:12:38 AM »
I replaced both hoses. I had to re-route them outside the frame. Just capped off the old ones and left them there. Not much else you can do. The new upgraded hoses and fittings were about $280.00 for the pair six years ago. Took about 6 hours to do the job myself.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 03:08:35 AM »
Tom,
Marty is correct, you never worry about removing the old hoses because they are tied into a bundle with a lot of wires, other hoses, and foam insulation. You just cap the old hoses and leave them. Then you run the new hoses through an accessible area while being very careful to insulate the new hoses from any sharp edges that could cut/wear the new hoses causing a failure in the future.

Gerald

Thomas Csibor

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 07:15:27 PM »
Thank you for the replies. Which fitting would that hose be on the hydraulic motor/reservoir/ solenoid pack? I know the 4 top ones are for the leveling jacks. I need to determine the end fittings to have a new one made up.

Thomas Csibor

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 08:45:06 PM »
Again, thank you for the replies. On my coach, the lines are not at the actual hydraulic pump, but attached to a solenoid block above the front axle that seems to act as a shuttle valve. Then lines go from this block to the pump and reservoirs. Put in a new line and all is good.