Author Topic: what can i use to replace Alpine Mobile Multi Media Station  (Read 4089 times)

walterscott

We have a 2001 Beaver Marquis.  The Alpine Mobile Multi Media Station has quit working and needs to be replaced.  We have been unable to locate anything to replace it that would fit into the opening.  The opening is approx. 6 3/4 inches by 1 3/4 inches.  This appears to be smaller than the units available. Does anyone have some advice? 
I really don't want to enlarge the opening as I don't know how I would go about doing that.  Has anyone done that?

Dale Soule

• BAC Member
Re: what can i use to replace Alpine Mobile Multi Media Station
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 04:22:46 AM »
The prior owners of are 2006 Monteray put in a Pioneer, it's a CD, radio fm, am, xm, nav, but the nav. doesn't work.    There are several models that will slip in. We are not near M/H so I do not have a model.
2006 Beaver Monterey Montclair IV
Chassis: Magnum
Engine: C-9-400
Dale Soule'

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 04:48:21 AM »
Walter,
The Alpine in my 2000 Marquis failed and I replaced it with a single DIN Jensen with a retractable screen like the Alpine. The replacement Jensen was a little larger than the Alpine, but I was able to enlarge the opening with a file and several hours of trial and error. It is not an easy task but is can be done if you are careful in keeping the opening even and straight as you enlarge it.

Gerald

Paul Meehan

• BAC Member
  • Travel with DW and two K9's
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 10:13:04 AM »
I replaced my unit with a Jensen VX7012.  Our dash was configured for a single DIN system.  Therefore, other than blocking my Silver Leaf screen when the multi-media (MM) display is extended it has work well for us.  FYI, the display does not have to be extended for the MM to function.
Paul and Peggy
St. Johns, Florida
2001 Patriot Ticonderoga 37' 2 Slides (2015-2019)
2014 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 (2019-Current)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee  Limited