Author Topic: Sharp Carousel II Microwave/Convection Oven Model R-1830  (Read 2062 times)

Keith Phillips

• BAC Member
Sharp Carousel II Microwave/Convection Oven Model R-1830
« on: June 14, 2018, 10:55:30 PM »
I am posting this for information.
This morning I was going to microwave an item and touched Start and everything went dead on the microwave. After searching for a couple of hours I didn't find any information for this particular microwave. I knew that there is a fuse somewhere inside but couldn't find the location. All the utube videos and troubleshooting websites were generic so I tried to figure things out without removing  the oven. After UNPLUGGING the microwave,  I found that removing 1 screw from the top of the upper fan cover and removing it, that exposed a screw on the top of the touch control panel. After removing that screw and jiggling the control panel and gently pushing up the control panel came loose. Again gently moving the control panel exposed many wires and a fuse. Using a plastic non conducting circuit tester I popped the fuse out and it was blown. Went to Home Depot bought 2 each 20 amp microwave fuses for $3.46. Installed new fuse and the microwave works like new.
I don't know how many of these units are still out there but I feel that trying to repair a good appliance instead of trying to find something new to fit in the same space for a lot more than $3.46, is a good idea.
Again this is for information please use extreme caution when working with electricity. Now when someone does a search on this site for Sharp Carousel II microwave there will be something found. I hope this helps. Keith Phillips
Keith & Anna Mae Phillips
1992 Beaver Marquis 325 hp 3176 Cat (Jan 2017-Apr 2023)
1991 Beaver Baronet  250 hp 3116 Cat (Feb 2014-Jan 2017)
USCG CWO4 Ret.
Graham WA
The following users thanked this post: Bryan Beamon, Bob Stone, Mike Tomas

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Sharp Carousel II Microwave/Convection Oven Model R-1830
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 12:04:43 AM »
Thanks Keith.  A couple years back I did the same for our 1994-era Sharp at home.  The fuse seems to be fairly standard for microwave ovens, but not all disassemble as easily for access.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 12:32:04 AM »
Maybe twice in nearly our six years of ownership of the Marquis, we have lost power to the convection microwave.  Both times it was the GFI in the next door cupboard where the unit is plugged in.  I reset the GFI and power returned to the unit.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Bill Sprague

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 03:51:58 PM »
FWIW, if the turntable stops rotating, it is relatively easy to put in a new (tiny) motor.  There is a YouTube somewhere that showed me how.