Author Topic: Is the '05 Beaver Patriot headlight housing from a 98-02 Lincoln Navigator?  (Read 3425 times)

Mike Shumack

I'm going to replace the headlight housings on my 2005 Patriot.

I can find a replacement just Googling "Beaver Patriot headlight housing" - but those are the cheap Chinese knock offs. PO replaced mine with "Depo" brand and they are really bad.

And after reading how bad these copies are (such as this
all substantially and dangerously inferior to the genuine items. This goes for all the many brands of aftermarket lamp—TYC, Genera, Depo, DJAuto, ScanTech, etc.
Check your lenses carefully and I bet you will probably find one of these off-brand names on there!

from http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/07-diplomat-headlights-124438.html#post1184472), I want to be sure to get the OEM replacements. So I need to look for (buy) the originals.

I think these are 1998-2002 Lincoln Navigator housings. But I want to ask here to be sure.
Comparing photos, they look the same in the front.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 02:57:21 PM by Mike Shumack »

Pat Long

Mike,    For my 2000 Marquis they are just as you say, and my headlights even have the ford logo on them and also look the same as your pictures .

Mike Shumack

Thanks for confirming.
So it looks like all Beavers from 2000 to 2006 used the same headlight (the Lincoln Navigator).
I never noticed that all the models used the same headlights - I wonder if that is true for the taillight housings too.

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
I just replaced mine a few months ago with Amazon lights.  happy so far.  You do have to cut away some of the trim on the top headlights so they will fit.  Good luck.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Gerald Farris

Mike,
The OEM Ford lights will need to be modified to fit your coach, and you should carefully seal the top seam on the headlight after modification to prevent water from leaking into the headlight.

What problem are you trying to repair by replacing the headlights? The vast majority of owners can not tell the difference in OEM or aftermarket headlights If they are providing poor road lighting, new headlights will not repair your problem. If you have a lighting problem, you need to install relays and/or high output blubs in your headlight system. 

Gerald

Mike Shumack

My headlight has a crack in the lens. I whacked it with the ladder. And it's full of condensation too (-it was full before I hit it. That's been an ongoing problem)

So doing a little research on headlights - I came across the thread about how badly the OEM "knock off" headlights are made, so I figured I would replace mine with an OEM headlight.
I did order a genuine Ford (Lincoln) headlight assembly.

If it looks or performs noticeably better than my other head light, the passenger side, (a Chinese brand) I'll post back.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Mike,
Be sure to align the new headlights. It's amazing how much difference correctly aligned units make. Yours are fairly easy to align with the geni slide open.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp