Author Topic: air leak drivers side  (Read 2040 times)

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
air leak drivers side
« on: December 26, 2019, 04:57:16 PM »
I have an 06 Beaver Marquis (Roadmaster Chasis) Dtovers side leaks down..what is the most likely place air would be leaking
Thanks for the help..

Bobby Kirk
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 11:39:29 PM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »
2006 Marquis

Lee Welbanks

Re: air leak drivers side
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 06:18:23 PM »
Bobby, You probably have a HWH air system and if so the main leak source is the air pressure switches on the manifold, I've had some of the solenoids O rings leaking, the push to connect fittings also can be a source of leaks. Right not I have both right side air bags out of my 06 Patriot Thunder and they both have small leaks.
Dish soap and water in a spray bottle will locate the leaks, then the fun starts. You will have to dump all the air to remove any of the fittings or switches.
I fab'ed up a set of steel struts to hold the coach up when you dump all the air, finding air leaks and correcting these leaks is not for the average dyi person. Especially anything to do with the air bags should be left to the pro's unless you have the tools and know-how.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 11:39:50 PM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 10:33:22 PM »
Thanks for the info Lee.  I would not attempt replacing air bags.  just want to try to find out the small leaks. I leaks down about
2 in. in 24 hrs just on drivers side.  I will go with the soapy water and see what i can find.  Thanks again

« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 11:40:09 PM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »
2006 Marquis

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 11:10:20 PM »
Bobby, If you have Nason air switches I would almost bet money they are leaking. They can be taken apart and all you need to do is tighten up the inner piston with a 1/2" socket. Then screw the solenoid back on the exact same number of turns as when you took it apart. The switch is N/C and air pressure opens it. I tested mine with my air compressor to set them correctly.
The push to connect air fittings can be fixed by removing the line and cut a bit off the end and push it back in, some of them are hard to get the plastic line out.
The front end is a real pain to work on as they (Monaco) decided to stuff the manifold as far up in the chassic as they could, then they bundled all the wire connections in a plastic bag and zip tied them up above the manifold, I guess they never thought that anybody would have to work on the manifold.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 11:40:25 PM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »