Author Topic: Kenwood radio  (Read 3122 times)

Gary Merrifield

Kenwood radio
« on: June 21, 2018, 12:52:25 AM »
I want to put a dedicated screen in for my cameras and update the radio so I have a current gps and satellite radio.
What have some of you done?

Guy Pryor

Re: Kenwood radio
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 01:35:48 AM »
I wanted a dedicated screen for the cameras also. The screen for my Aladdin system had quit working so I got a new screen for Aladdin. And I also added a second screen to be a dedicated camera screen. I just had to use a Y connection from the Aladdin controllers camera port to add the second camera. Now I still have cameras on the Aladdin screen But the second screen is only cameras, Placed it in the center of the dash so the co-pilot can help with keeping an eye on things. I know this is not the same system as you have but some of the connections may be similar. 

Gary Merrifield

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 03:58:47 AM »
Thanks

Bob Bulot

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 09:31:54 PM »
I replaced my original Kenwood with a model KVT-7012BT.

My objective was mostly to upgrade the display.  The crack engineers at Beaver put the screen next to the side window, so the picture was easily washed out and umade unreadable by the sun.  The new Kenwood solved this problem.

The only downside to this radio is that when the Aladdin is displayed, the music doesn’t play.  I’m hoping a professional installer can fix this.

I did want to update the features also.  This model has hands free calling, bluetooth, Sirius, Pandora, HDMI connection, etc.

This is a 2015 model.  It is still available online. The latest and greatest from Kenwood doesn’t seem to have any better features, and costs a couple of hundred bucks more.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 09:41:54 PM by Bob Bulot »