Author Topic: heater Core Leaking  (Read 5951 times)

Jim Shaw

heater Core Leaking
« on: March 24, 2009, 03:04:41 AM »
I have a 2003 Beaver Monterey and left California this cold morning and when I turned on the dash heat I smelled anti freeze. Arrived at a campground and after a lot of trouble I was able to confirm that the heater core is leaking. I have contacted a Frieghtliner dealer that will look at it in the morning. He said he is very doubtful he could find one from Monaco. I asked if he could bypass it by removing the hoses and connecting them together. Has anyone had this problem or have any better ideas.

Jim

Gerald Farris

Re: heater Core Leaking
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 03:35:21 AM »
I would sugest that you call Beaver Coach Sales in Bend OR. for the part. They will probably either have a heater core in stock or they will have access to the manufacturer of the heater core to obtain a new replacement. However if you do not have the time or money to replace the heater core at this time, by-passing the heater core (by hooking the hoses together) will work very well with the only down side being the loss of dash heater function.

Gerald

Richard And Babs Ames

Re: heater Core Leaking
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 01:42:13 PM »
Just about any good radiator shop should be able to get you a replacement core that will work. Most of the newer cores are no repairable. It may take some time as the old core will have to be removed so they can match it up. I agree with Gerald about by-passing the core till you get it fixed. At least it is spring and warmer.