Author Topic: slideout system failure  (Read 2614 times)

Harold and Gloria Skipworth

slideout system failure
« on: June 22, 2018, 09:44:25 PM »
I suddenly find that I cannot retract my slideouts.  Previously when problems arose I would hear the pump run but now I hear nothing.  The first time I tried and failed to retract a slide it moved very slowly about an inch then nothing. Subsequent attempts cause barely detectable movement. I suspect electrical problems as the bed slide is electric and does not work either.  I don't know where a common connection is that could cause both systems to fail

Lee Welbanks

Re: slideout system failure
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 02:41:06 AM »
Skip, On my 06 Patriot Thunder had a problem with the slides in or out, found that the connections to the pump motor solenoid were loose. Cleaned and installed tight, not problem since. I'm not sure but there must be a fuse or fuses that control this circuit. My coach has the full Intellitec system so might be much different from yours.
Yours sounds like when you hit the button the hydraulic solenoid is opening but the pump motor is not getting juice. I would start by checking the solenoid, jump it to see if the pump motor runs.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 06:39:00 PM »
Harold,
The first thing to do is to check the circuit for power. If you do not have power, I would check for a bad high amp fuse in the e area above your coach batteries. If the fuse is bad, you probably have a hydraulic pump motor that is drawing excess amperage, and it needs to be overhauled.

Gerald

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 08:44:00 PM »
My wiring diagram shows the chassis circuit breakers on the same 200 amp fuse and all of those items work.  I'm waiting for on site service from a local rv dealer to come out.  Hopefully they will find the weak connection.

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 06:20:49 PM »
The problem turned out to be loose and corroded conection at the pump relay.  Service cleaned retightened and applied a silicone protectant. All is well. Fame RV sagerstown PA. gets my atta boy.
The following users thanked this post: Karl Welhart, Stan Simpson