Author Topic: Mirror Adjustment  (Read 3370 times)

Dickson Dorr

Mirror Adjustment
« on: June 22, 2018, 10:19:46 PM »
We finally got to bring home the new to us 1998 Patriot Brandywine.  On my first drive I was trying to find a "comfortable" location for the drivers side mirror.  Do you all put these straight out from the coach or keep them more up front?  I could not really find a sweet spot as of yet that the pillar post did not get in the way of the view.  Obviously I will keep trying to find a spot that works for me and one for Kathy but didn't think that it would be so hard just to look out the window at the mirror lol.

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
Re: Mirror Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 01:05:30 AM »
I had the same issue.  I finally settled on having the mirrors towards the front just to the side enough to see to the rear.  I didn't want to be any wider than I already am.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Doug Allman

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 10:36:14 AM »
I agree with Jerry that towards front and just so you can see down side is best for all conditions, but post still is in view from drivers seat that you have to look around at times.

I have an Entegra owner friend that is from Sweden and just returned from visiting his mother there. Evidently in Europe they use an entirely different mirror than you cannot get anywhere in the US. It is a full piece convex mirror that fits inside the housing we all have with two mirrors in now. He has installed them in his Entegra and has 2 sets for me when I get to his place to change out. (extras for if we break one) If you have the three piece mirrors, 2 in the housing and one on top, this replaces all of them and you do not have to continually look in all three to see what is beside you. One mirror does it all much more plainly and all in one look, you see everything at once.

When I get them installed early this November I will have more info on all parts and details and will post.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 01:18:35 AM »
I was surprised to find the swivel of the mirror body compensated for the radical arm swing I used for parking the coach at home near a fence.  So I could still easily see while backing up. On the road I'll loosen set screws and put the arm back to its normal position similar to the curbside mirror.  Both positions are viewed through the windshield.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat