Author Topic: Dometic Sealand Traveler toilet repair  (Read 2279 times)

Paul Christensen

Dometic Sealand Traveler toilet repair
« on: July 11, 2018, 07:43:03 PM »
We have a 2002 36’ Monterey with a Dometic Sealand Traveler toilet with left mounted foot pedal and sprayer.  The seal leaks and the valve sticks, causing water to continue flowing into the bowl unless we are very careful to pull the pedal up securely.  Lubricating the valve did not help.
A repair tech inspected the toilet and searched for replacement parts.  He told us he could not find all the replacement parts because Dometic does not fully support this toilet.  I believe it’s a model 310 but I can’t find the number on the toilet.
The tech brought a new Dometic model 310 toilet with sprayer but the foot pedal was on the right which won’t work for our coach.  He said he’ll continue to look but could not guarantee success.
Has anybody rebuilt or replaced this type toilet?

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Dometic Sealand Traveler toilet repair
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 10:20:53 PM »
I’m not sure why the tech is having problems, because a quick web search revealed plenty of parts sources and even videos for the 310, and all I saw were left-side pedaled ones.  One example:   
https://ardemco.com/traveler-toilet-model-310/

Do you have a manufacturer’s list of installed product model numbers for your coach?  Monaco supplied one with our documents box and on the wardrobe closet back wall.  I don’t know about SMC era rigs.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Jim Edwards

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 03:37:53 PM »
Hi I would first check the model number. It should be on the base of the toilet possibly behind a base cover. Mine is also listed on the coach build sheet. I have a 510 plus and replaced all the operating parts with a screwdriver (the $2.00 variety from harbor freight that has interchangeable bits) From what I can see, Sealand/Dometic and didn't really change much of the working parts on their stuff so I have a hard time with parts being unavailable, but you really need to be sure about the model number first.

Best 
Jim Edwards
2005 Monterey Laguna III, 40 ft Cat C9
2007 Country Coach Affinity 45 ft Cummins 600
15 Grand Cherokee

Paul Christensen

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 01:13:15 PM »
Thanks for the reply. You were right - it's a model 510 plus.  The "tech" should have known to check that!  I'll order the parts and do the job myself when I get home.