Author Topic: Clay Based Grease  (Read 2172 times)

Doug Till

• BAC Member
Clay Based Grease
« on: July 13, 2018, 06:03:28 PM »
I finally found Clay Based Grease for my brake calipers. Unfortunately I had to purchase a box of 10 from Amazon. I know I will not use all 10 in my life time, so I'll sell a tube for $5.90 each plus shipping. The product is Shell Gadus S2 U1000 2.
Doug & Sarah Till
40' 2003 Marquis-Ruby, C12 505 HP
The following users thanked this post: Fred Cook

Fred Cook

• BAC Member
Re: Clay Based Grease
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 10:58:13 PM »
I finally found Clay Based Grease for my brake calipers. Unfortunately I had to purchase a box of 10 from Amazon. I know I will not use all 10 in my life time, so I'll sell a tube for $5.90 each plus shipping. The product is Shell Gadus S2 U1000 2.

Doug, I assume that this grease is for Meritor brake pads, correct? If so, I would like to have a couple of tubes.  You can email me at jscook@embarqmail.com to give me your address and I will send you a check. Just let me know the cost plus shipping. Fred
Fred & Cindy
2002 Beaver Patriot Thunder 455, C12 CAT
Towing 2019 Chevy Equinox, AWD Diesel
South Central Missouri, US Army Retired

Pat Long

Re: Clay Based Grease
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 09:10:21 PM »
Just be sure to follow the factory specs on applying the grease in the caliper.   That info is on this website.  After you apply the grease you will  have to bleed the caliper of any trapped air and readjust the brake linings.    I learned the hard way and glazed my disc pads on the drivers. and had to replace both sets.  My system is the ADB1560 series.
The following users thanked this post: Doug Till