Author Topic: Help! Fresh Water System Control Panel  (Read 2504 times)

Doug Blake

Help! Fresh Water System Control Panel
« on: July 13, 2018, 01:25:01 PM »
We are relatively new Beaver Patriot owners (our 4th RV) but not new to RV'ing.  I am having one hell of a time figuring out the water plumbing control system (you would think that someone who can figure out an autopilot in a Bonanza can figure this out) and was wondering whether or not anyone with a few minutes to spare would care to give me a call and discuss with me, tried to work with the Owners Manual, but it is less than helpful and very general in nature.... Worth a case of beer!  I have attached a pix of my system and one day/evening if you have the time and experience I would greatly appreciate it!  Call me at 303-250-4122 anytime.  Thanks for taking the time to read this and happy ways down the road.
Doug & Nancy Blake
303-250-4122
2001 Beaver Patriot, 37' 330Cat

Mike Shumack

Re: Help! Fresh Water System Control Panel
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 01:48:49 PM »
It looks like you have almost everything identified.

Regarding the label I question is the one marked "Hot Water On/Off". I can't tell from the picture if there is a valve in the photo (like a "turn knob" or a "sliding/flip handle").  Maybe your label is just meant for that "row of knobs", which would be the normal markings (one row for Hot and the other row for Cold, shutoffs).

What exactly is that "Power Video Cable"? I have not seen this before. I can't tell from the photo what the connection looks like - but a video connection there would be odd. On my coach there is a "cable/tv" connection and a "telephone" connection (which, I would think, would be side-by-side under the grey covers in your photo.

This photo is from the 2000 Patriot Owners manual (available here http://beaveramb.org/Data/PDF%20Manuals/2000%20Patriot%20Owners%20Manual/Owners+Manual+2000+Beaver+Patriot.pdf
which looks to be very similar to your setup. Take a look - perhaps the instructions given in the 2000 manual are better than what is in your manual.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 02:04:10 PM by Mike Shumack »

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 02:55:24 PM »
We are relatively new Beaver Patriot owners (our 4th RV) but not new to RV'ing.  I am having one hell of a time figuring out the water plumbing control system (you would think that someone who can figure out an autopilot in a Bonanza can figure this out) and was wondering whether or not anyone with a few minutes to spare would care to give me a call and discuss with me, tried to work with the Owners Manual, but it is less than helpful and very general in nature.... Worth a case of beer!  I have attached a pix of my system and one day/evening if you have the time and experience I would greatly appreciate it!  Call me at 303-250-4122 anytime.  Thanks for taking the time to read this and happy ways down the road.
Doug & Nancy Blake
303-250-4122
2001 Beaver Patriot, 37' 330Cat
Same panel that we have.  I am intimately familiar with it now.  I'll call if you think it will help.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Mike Tomas

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 08:39:13 PM »
What exactly is that "Power Video Cable"? I have not seen this before. I can't tell from the photo what the connection looks like - but a video connection there would be odd.

The Power Video cable is a spring loaded reel of RG-6 coax RF cable. similar to one of those hanging 120vAC extension cords that let you pull additional length out to where you need. You would just have to give it a little additional pull and it will retract the RG-6 back to storage. The "Power" is only spring loaded retraction...

In my coach it's the cable tv input on the FR switch.
-Just my .02¢ of input. -Not to be confused with the $2.00 input from others.

[]\/[]Tomas
Phoenix, Arizona • Region 4
2000 Patriot Thunder 425
Princeton • Ketchum Creek
Magnum C-Series “Big Cat” Chassis
CAT 425 • Joined 201804

Doug Blake

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 11:43:34 AM »
Thanks to Jerry, USN Retired (we Marines need those guys!!) I have figured it out.  The additional replies were helpful also, the Hot Water On/Off vales is a simple turn left/right deal...my problems was that the owners manual did/does not explain the mid-point turn position...Jerry did!  Thanks again.... (Does any Owners Manual really help?)
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Emert

Bob Bulot

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 12:46:41 PM »
Hey Doug.  Looking at your photo, I think I figured out your problem:  Your water system is installed upside down!😀

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 05:26:29 PM »
Doug
         Just a bit of advice. directly behind your water manifold on/off knobs, are the valves and the screw on Cap that holds the valve in it's  receptacleand can have a tendency to crack around its perimeter. You can visually check them for any cracking. We had a cap fail and lost all our fresh water on our 01 Marquis. I bought spare valves and spare caps to replace any others that I found and I ended up replacing three others. Just wanted to pass that along

Larry Dedrick
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15