Author Topic: Removing Bedside Nightstands  (Read 7207 times)

Mike Shumack

Removing Bedside Nightstands
« on: July 25, 2018, 01:47:58 PM »
I would like to know how to remove the "Nightstands" (end tables).

Because - it is hard to make the bed since one can not "tuck the sheets" in with the side tables pressed up against the mattress. Plus we don't use the end tables (anything put there just gets knocked off or covered by pillow movement). Also, I may switch to a King size mattress in the future.

If the side tables are removed, is the existing carpeting already run under them?

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: Removing Bedside Nightstands
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 02:06:28 PM »
Hi Mike,
  I have done a few of these and believe there is no carpet under the night stands. Carefully pry the counter tops off as I believe they are the last to be sileconed down after the installation of the cabinet.
Blessings & Joy, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Mike Shumack

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 02:35:33 PM »
Thanks fred.
I would not have known to pry the countertops off.
Bummer there is no carpeting under the nightstands. That's not going to look very good if I keep the queen mattress for a while. I'll need to find some matching carpeting or come up with something creative.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 02:50:40 PM »
Mike - We have the same setup except we already have the king-sized bed.  Yes, it is difficult to remove/install mattress sheets under the headboard and upper corners.  What Leslie does is pull the mattress down and away from the headboard several inches to make it easier to get the sheets pushed down over the top end and corners of the mattress.  She pulls on each lower mattress corner alternately to wiggle the mattress away from the headboard.  I usually have to push the mattress back into place against the headboard when she is done changing the sheets.

We both use our bedside nightstands, so we would not want them removed.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 03:11:32 PM »
I took the fronts off those night stands once to see if it would make extra storage.  They were stuffed with cords and cables.  Closed them up and forgot that idea.  Yours might be different.  With a larger mattress there it might still be doable though!  Good luck with your project.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Mike Shumack

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 03:46:12 PM »
They were stuffed with cords and cables.  Closed them up and forgot that idea.  Yours might be different. 

I was thinking it would be empty in there - but I should know better.  Beaver was very good about filling all the hidden spaces with equipment/cables.

I may just pop off the top or front and take a look. I'm curious now about what could be in there.
Thanks