Author Topic: NORCOLD Refrigerator Power Question  (Read 6938 times)

Roy C Tyler

Re: NORCOLD Refrigerator Power Question
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2018, 06:38:45 PM »
If you used a Y adapter like below, that is probably your problem. It has been my experience that it only supplies voltage to one leg.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61HgQHXYulL._SY879_.jpg

Dickson Dorr

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 11:37:49 PM »
OK home from work and like I said I would work backwards....Annnnnnnnnnnnd no power at the outlet. The GFI tripped at some point and the button was hardly moved. Re-Set and TaDaaa we have full power and the fridge is on shore power AC. Would help if I had more than a couple hours after work/chores to actually work on this kind of stuff. Also helps if you remember the basics, but I will admit I was getting thrown off by AC on one side of the MH and not the other part. Oh well I'm sure this won't be the last new lesson I learn with this Beaver. Friday we are out of here for our first weekend trip. Off to Schaffer State Park in WA. Retirement can't come soon enough!

Thank you all so much for the tips. While some may not have been used this time, they are now up in the gray cell area for next time.
Dickson
The following users thanked this post: Mike Tomas

Bill Sprague

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2018, 05:07:58 AM »
Dixon posted on the Facebook Beaver group he found the problem. It was not the fuse, the supply circuit or the transfer switch.  It was a GFCI that had tripped. 

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 07:49:39 AM »
Yes, Bill, we were thrown by the comment that one entire side of the coach was out.  One of the things that first occurred to me was GFCI, but with that info I didn’t broach it, although I almost did... it just didn’t make sense;  I doubt that any one GFCI covers an entire side.  The GFCI is commonly the first outlet in a circuit when one or more outlets in that circuit are at moisture risk.

Be aware, Dickson, that some here have found it necessary to replace GFCI outlets in their rigs.  I’ve had to do it at my house.  They can go bad, so don’t fuss with one if it pops out again.  Replace it.  Thanks to Ed Buker we are aware that there is a big quality difference in GFCI models.  An array can be found at big box home stores, but ferret out only the better ones such as this one Ed liked, but choose one of the appropriate amp rating:   https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-20-Amp-125-Volt-Duplex-Self-Test-Tamper-Resistant-Weather-Resistant-GFCI-Outlet-White-R92-GFWT2-0KW/205997283

Joel

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 08:04:02 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2018, 10:05:50 AM »
Dickson
Let me do you a favor.  BCS is a great place to be but it isn't always possible to get to Bend. 
Look up www.brazelsrv.com
They are on Harrison rd. in Centralia  not too far from Schaffer st. park.

These guys do a bunch of our chassis work and have come through nicely for us.  They also have a 20 site RV park that is mainly for the service customers.  They let us stay some days for $25 or so.  Power, water and remote dump.

Ask for Alan and tell them we sent ya!

If you get time try the trip around the Olympic peninsula from Aberdeen north.  We will gladly suggest a rv park
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2018, 02:19:41 PM »
Soooo.... how did the "whole side of the coach" have power when on generator power but not when on shore power when it was a GFCI?
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2018, 09:36:58 PM »
Great point, David.  I shoulda caught that  :-[ .
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat