Author Topic: Hydraulic line diagram  (Read 1824 times)

Lawrence Tarnoff

Hydraulic line diagram
« on: July 26, 2018, 07:04:43 PM »
Anyone have a diagram of hydraulic lines?  Shop has identified leak in line as cause of slide issue — street from slide coming out a few inches while underway.  Diagram will save me some $$$ in shop time spent tracing the lines.

Thanks!

Larry

Gerald Farris

Re: Hydraulic line diagram
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 07:48:24 PM »
Larry,
I have never seen a hydraulic line diagram for your coach, but tracing the line should not be necessary because very few techs remove the old line. Just disconnect the line at each end and cap it to stop the fluid in the line from making a mess. Then run the new line through a more accessible route than the original lines used, because the original lines were installed before the body (house) was installed on the chassis and access was not an issue. However, be careful to prevent sharp edges from chaffing the new hoses.

It is usually not a bad idea to replace both slide hose when one fails because Monaco used hose that just barely meet the system pressure rating. This is especially true if it is going to be time consuming locating the correct hose, therefore adding an excess shop time (labor bill) to the repair.

Gerald

Lawrence Tarnoff

Re: Hydraulic line diagram
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 09:10:13 PM »
Thanks, Gerald.  I have passed along your good counsel to the shop.