Author Topic: Parts!  (Read 4862 times)

Jeff Fitzloff

• BAC Member
Parts!
« on: August 01, 2018, 11:00:37 PM »
I am in hopes you can tell me the part number and manufacturer of the following.

2005 Beaver 40 PDQ Santiam, .

I had my ring gear and pinion fail and be replaced, after this the coach dog tracks. I took it to a truck alignment place in Twin falls Idaho and received the following report. They said  they had no idea where to find parts and told me too look.

Right Front King Pin is loose, (I think I need a King pin and bushing or bushings.)
Drag Link loose at Knuckle (I have know idea what ti needed can I get just the knuckle?)
Right Rear Lower Radius arm is bent (i think the guys who did the rig gear and pinion put a jack or stand under it.)

Please send me in the right direction for these parts.
2005 Santiam

Pat Long

Re: Parts!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 01:53:38 AM »
There should be a Manufacture tag on the front axle somewhere in the front center of the axle itself.  I would take it to a Class 8 big rig repair shop, like a Freightliner or Peterbilt, Kenworth dealer since you may not have the ability to do the repairs yourself.  Once all the repairs are done You can then go back to the alignment shop for that alignment.
The following users thanked this post: Jeff Fitzloff

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 06:33:51 AM »
Jeff,
If you can get to Grant's Pass Oregon, Henderson's Line Up (call for an appointment) will be able to find the parts and repair your coach. Otherwise, I would call BCS parts (Beaver Coach Sales).

Gerald
The following users thanked this post: Jeff Fitzloff

Jeff Fitzloff

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 04:52:59 AM »
Ok here is what solution I came up with. I called Laser Line in Twin Falls, Idaho they come to your rig and will align it there. They check it out and found no problems with the front end but did find the bent drag arm, they recommended to build a new adjustable drag arm. They have seen this on motor homes and bending the drag arm back would work for awhile but would not be a great fix. They built a new adjustable drag arm and now it drives like a dream!
2005 Santiam