Author Topic: Do you need louder air horns - see this video.  (Read 3849 times)

Mike Shumack

Do you need louder air horns - see this video.
« on: August 02, 2018, 05:52:13 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiTvyMS867I&feature=youtu.be

I saw this video on a custom air horn installation and just wanted to share. Funny!

Marc Sullivan

Re: Do you need louder air horns - see this video.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 08:48:55 PM »
Wait till I get my steam whistle attached to my Hydrohot....
The following users thanked this post: Mike Tomas

Mike Tomas

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 04:52:34 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D :D :)

Hahaha! Marc!
-Just my .02¢ of input. -Not to be confused with the $2.00 input from others.

[]\/[]Tomas
Phoenix, Arizona • Region 4
2000 Patriot Thunder 425
Princeton • Ketchum Creek
Magnum C-Series “Big Cat” Chassis
CAT 425 • Joined 201804

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 11:33:59 PM »
Loud air horns can really get you in trouble, all the years I drove truck I hardly ever heard a truck air horn out on the road. How often have you heard a truck use their air horn out on the road, it's not like the movies that everytime you see a truck they blow their horn.
You don't know what a numb headed motorist texting or god knows what will do when you light off a loud air horn close to them. Blowing a horn at somebody won't change what they are doing and you might just find the one with a case of road rage. You just have to drive with the knowledge that they will do almost anything at anytime, you have to drive for yourself and everyone else around you at all times. After awhile you will be able to know what they are going to do before they do.
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 02:57:16 PM »
Loud air horns can really get you in trouble, all the years I drove truck I hardly ever heard a truck air horn out on the road. How often have you heard a truck use their air horn out on the road, it's not like the movies that everytime you see a truck they blow their horn.
You don't know what a numb headed motorist texting or god knows what will do when you light off a loud air horn close to them. Blowing a horn at somebody won't change what they are doing and you might just find the one with a case of road rage. You just have to drive with the knowledge that they will do almost anything at anytime, you have to drive for yourself and everyone else around you at all times. After awhile you will be able to know what they are going to do before they do.

Excellent advice. Thanks.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 03:16:38 PM »
Speaking about what others are going to do...  One of my pet peeves concerns people who don't use their turn signals AT ALL or turn them on TOO LATE.  I figure a turn signal is for the other drivers around you so they know what your intentions are, i.e., turning right or left.  It does little good to turn on a turn signal AFTER the turn has been initiated.  I taught my kids to actuate their turn signals when they take their foot off the accelerator and before pressing on the brake.  Let the people in front and behind you know you will be slowing down and making a turn by turning on your turn signal well in advance of making the turn.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Mike Shumack

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 03:23:24 PM »
Speaking about what others are going to do...  One of my pet peeves concerns people who don't use their turn signals AT ALL or turn them on TOO LATE.

Or worse - they have their left signal On (probably forgot about it) then they make a right turn.  :-\