Author Topic: Passenger side elec. Shade  (Read 3045 times)

Tom Fisher

Passenger side elec. Shade
« on: August 04, 2018, 01:25:53 AM »
I hit a pothole and the passenger side electric front window shade dropped right down onto the dash. Both of the plastic end brackets had broken. I called Beaver parts in Oregon, and they said that had been a problem with the plastic end caps and they didn't have any more. Any jury rig ideas?? My unit is a 2005 Beaver Monterey.
Thanks

Tom Fisher

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Re: Passenger side elec. Shade
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 01:45:32 AM »
I just went out and looked at ours. There is a bracket only on one end of mine, the end in the middle of the windshield. The other end on both is butted up against the wall. I see the end caps you are talking about. A screw holding it up with a flimsy slot for easy installation.  About the only thing for a work around is go to a shade guy and see if he has anything similar. Or maybe try gluing the parts back together.

Ours has fallen twice. Both times caused by the bolt in the center of the scissor arms coming loose, and having the nut fall off. I finally redid all of that assembly and used some loctite. When ours came down, the sleeve that goes between the scissor arms fell off too, along with the bushings. Had to search around the cockpit, but finally found all of the pieces.

Good luck.

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Guy Pryor

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 09:55:41 PM »
I had the same problem with my passenger side visor bracket broken, I fixed it by using a washer under the screw head it dose not look pretty but you are the first to see It and it has been working vary well for a year now

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 11:30:04 PM »
Our passenger side electric shade dropped down when on the return trip from Yuma in 2017.  The right end came down but not the left end, so as we found a place to pull off the highway just before crossing the Owyhee River at Rome, OR, Leslie had to hold it up for a couple miles.  When we got stopped I took the screw out of the other end (which also had backed out some) and disconnected the blade connectors on the two wires.  A few hours later we got into the RV park at Homedale, ID and I took the time to look it over.  Nothing was broken!  The screw simply backed itself out.  We reconnected the blade connectors and put the shade back into place.  The screws on the driver's side shade were both loose too.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Tom Fisher

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 12:13:43 AM »
Thanks for the comments. I looked at mine close and both ends were busted off. I jury rigged two new ends out of 4x4 thin metal (with holes in them)  that I got from Lowes. So far working good.
Thanks