Author Topic: Suede on window valance  (Read 5553 times)

Jeff Wheless

Suede on window valance
« on: January 29, 2019, 10:51:57 PM »
I I know this is a long shot but I'm looking for a vendor or material that will match the suede material on the window valance on a 1999 Beaver Marquis. It's it is tan with sort of a greenish tint to it.   BCS does not have a source nor old stock.    This is actually to replace the TV surrounds, which were not present when I purchased the RV.

Alternatively, did anyone do anything creative or different that fit in?  I'm trying to avoid reupholstering all of the valances.

Thanks for the assist.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Suede on window valance
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 01:49:27 AM »
Jeff,
Sounds like it's time to check the fabric stores like JoAnns. If you are in the Phoenix area, Mesa Sales on Main has a very large inventory. Also, there is a woman in OR that does reupholstering on Beavers. I couldn't locate her name but I seem to remember it was Joan H??/  BCS would probably  know. She worked for Beaver and had fabric inventory.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Jeff Wheless

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 03:09:07 PM »
Thanks for the leads and ideas...!

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 03:37:18 PM »
Jeff,
Elaine's full name is Elaine Hakkila, and her business name is E & R RV Interiors. She is located in Redmond Oregon, and since she purchased most of the surplus fabric from Monaco when they moved the Beaver factory from Bend to Coburg in 2005, she may very well have the fabric that you are looking for. So it will at least be worth a phone call to see if she can be of help.

Gerald