Author Topic: Water Water everywhere  (Read 2844 times)

Jason Worman

Water Water everywhere
« on: August 12, 2018, 03:40:09 AM »
We are new to fulltime RVing and having quite the fun. I unhooked our water to wash off the driveway, reconnected and went about the day. This morning I was busy at work, I came around the corner and water was pouring down on the ground by the city hookup. My wife and I shut off the water and investigated. We opened undersink cabinet and water was everywhere. I had her go back outside and then on the water. Water started leaking from connection to city water, several copper lines were leaking, and a large black PVC pipe was leaking at the top joint. Crazy!! Of course on a Saturday when all local businesses are closed. We are now without water until Monday. Wondering how the different leaks sprung up. The area around the water pump, switches and lines are dry. All the leaks are under the sink.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Water Water everywhere
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 06:24:32 AM »
If it’s just copper fittings and some drain pipe stuff you need, Ace is open tomorrow:  https://www.acehardware.com/store-details/11235?utm_source=google&utm_medium=localstore&utm_campaign=
(if you’re in Reedsport).
I take it 1991 was before PEX.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Mike Shumack

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 12:15:41 PM »

Water started leaking from connection to city water, several copper lines were leaking, and a large black PVC pipe was leaking at the top joint.

The area around the water pump, switches and lines are dry. All the leaks are under the sink.

On my coach, at the city water to coach connection there is a flat rubber washer that seals the city water hose to coach connection. If you coach is similar, make sure this washer didn't fall out.

You have copper pipes in your coach? I did not know Beaver used copper. Or are you referring to the short copper pipe connections that built into the sink's faucet for connecting the water hose to?

The black PVC (ABS pipe) is a drain pipe. Unless you are flowing water down the sink drain there should be no water in this pipe. Could this "leak" just have been some splash on the outside of the pipe from the pressure/supply line (under the sink) leaking/spraying?

Also, do you have a water "pressure regulator" to limit the amount of pressure coming from city water?  Some coach owners use an external regulator they just hook up along with the city water connection, and some coaches (like my Patriot) have a built in pressure regulator. City water can be at high pressures so without a regulator you risk over pressuring you coach's water system.

George Harwell

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 05:51:34 PM »
If your coach has the manifold water system you can isolate the kitchen from the water bay and continue using the rest of the coach. You mentioned cracked copper lines which usually results from freezing. If that turns out to be the case then you need to inspect the coach thoroughly for additional damage.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 06:21:42 PM »
Jason,
The only common leak in the under counter area for most of the coaches of your vintage is the 1/8 inch nylon line that runs to the Uline ice maker. If you have a Uline ice maker under your cabinets, check very closely to be sure that it the nylon line to it is not split and spraying on other plumbing items.

Gerald

Jason Worman

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 02:05:16 AM »
I dont suppose any of you wonderful Beavers happen to be be staying along the Oregon Caost near Reedsporr? Thanks

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 04:57:08 AM »
There was one with a place at Winchester Bay, and many frequent the resort by the marina there.   A number have spaces further north at Pacific Shores in Newport.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat