Author Topic: Location of Tnx switch  (Read 1859 times)

neil omalley

Location of Tnx switch
« on: August 16, 2018, 05:18:08 AM »
Along the same lines as my shorepower problem - on my 05 Patriotthunder where is the transfer switch located and how do I know if it’s gone bad?  Thanks.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Location of Tnx switch
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 01:26:27 PM »
I believe the transfer switch on most Beavers is located a few feet fore of the inverter, on the ceiling, between the frame rails.  Access is easiest from the street side.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 03:18:29 PM »
Neil,
I believe on your coach it is aft of the inverter behind the wall.  There is a removable panel and the transfer switches are behind it.  It is inconvenient to get to it, but if you lay on the floor you can work in there.  Use a volt meter to determine if it is good or not.  Measure the incoming side and the outgoing side.
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Mike Shumack

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 03:23:13 PM »
On my '05 Patriot, the transfer switch (Surge Guard 4250) is at the top of the rear wall in the last compartment (in front of drive axle). It can easily be reached sitting in the compartment. One of the easier to get to parts in this Beaver.  ;D

Attached is the troubleshooting manual.

BTW - you should check that the wire terminal screws are tight. Over time they can loosen and that causes increased resistance and heat which can melt the wires. (of course only do this with generator off and not connected to shore power).