Author Topic: Awning not receiving power  (Read 1851 times)

Paul Christensen

Awning not receiving power
« on: August 17, 2018, 06:58:48 PM »
We have a 2002 Monterey with a Carefree One-Touch Gold Model awning, part # QL20AR23.  Our switch panel is located separate from the power control module.  They are connected using a flat telephone type cable.
Power is going to the control module but not to the switch panel.  The 15 amp power control module fuse is good.  The awning worked yesterday when we retracted it but now we can’t extend it because the switch panel receives no power.
We called Carefree in Colorado but they couldn’t help.  A replacement circuit board costs about $350 but we’re not even sure if that’s the problem.  The two electrical relays on the board (part # VKP-35F42) appear to be no longer available.  Meanwhile, the awning was soaked from yesterday’s rain and will start getting moldy if we can’t extend to dry out.
Any suggestions?

Pat Long

Re: Awning not receiving power
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 08:55:18 PM »
A friend of mine Just had the same problem happen to him on his 2001 Monaco Dynasty.   The way we were able to retract the awning by jumping power to it was by removing the inspection cover from inside the upper interior cabinet and jump power to it by His Yellow power wire.  He removed some of the wires outer shielding and jumped the power to that spot.   After he got the coach home the vibration from driving restored the power to it so he has no idea of what the original problem was.   I does Now work.

George Harwell

Re: Awning not receiving power
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 03:01:40 PM »
Just some food for though this has happened to me several times and I cleared it by testing and resetting the ground fault outlets. The outlet in the basement was the culprit.