Author Topic: Coulda Shoulda Woulda  (Read 2815 times)

Jason Worman

Coulda Shoulda Woulda
« on: August 18, 2018, 03:22:48 AM »
Hi All,

Looking back since we purchased this 1991 Beaver Contessa we proably should not have purchased it. We paid 18k for it and have spent 10k so far on repairs. It's frustrating that up to a certain point this was a well cared for coach that fell into disrepair. We have redone the entire interior and quite a bit of the exterior with the roof still to go. Mechanically she is very sound as well as the transmission. She cruises down the road. It's the stuff we have left like the generator needs new starter and needing new coach batteries. We finally had time time get the main awning unwound. The fabric is in decent shape with an awesome Beaver logo right int the middle but the tube and arms are shot. Everything else works great which I am glad. Being new to the RV world I am sure some of you are smiling at my post. ;) Overall when you think we only spent around 30k for a new to us home it's not so bad. :) Happy traveling and thanks to everyone that had responded to my endless questions
 I hope we can meet up at a future rally. Thanks

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Coulda Shoulda Woulda
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 03:36:06 AM »
Jason
Yup, many are smiling but not for that reason.  We have all been where you are.  Fear not though because it will be worth it even though it doesnt seem likely now.
We made a list and then set priorities on which to do first.  Check them off as you go seems to help because you can look at it as an accomplishment!

It will get better.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson

Jason Worman

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 03:57:08 AM »
Thanks for the kind words. My wife has kept a video diary of this whole adventure from the first time we blew the air horn and until now with us living un it, she wants to create a YouTube channel as some point. It really has come a long way since that stormy night in May when we first laid eyes on her.

Darell T Hostland

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 12:34:53 PM »
We bought our 1994 3 years ago and redone the interior. We repaired awnings and new weather stripping around front door. I felt the same and often wondered why we bought it. Yesterday we went shopping for more stuff to the local rv stores. I wanted to look at some of the newer RD pushers, my wife didn't want to look as she now loves our rv. We looked at new as well as used. We looked at maybe 30 different units as well as trailers. I now am glad we got our beaver. There is so much poor quality new and used units out there. Poor workmanship and lots of glitz and glitter that would take lots of time and maybe big dollar repairs to keep in good running order. This little trip settled my mind on our purchase after 3 years of worry about spending our money on a piece of junk. Also at the time we can't use this any more it will not be such a big loss dollar wise to get rid of it. All our children want it as well when we can't use it any more. Enjoy your rig and all the work you put into it. Sit back and say "We done this! "
The following users thanked this post: Keith Moffett, Stan Simpson