Author Topic: Another A/C issue Question  (Read 1834 times)

Bill Staley

Another A/C issue Question
« on: August 20, 2018, 07:19:41 PM »
We have 3 A/C units on the roof.  They have the internal drains and they all seem to be working.  However, the middle unit has started dripping condensation through the intake vent.  It only seems to occur when the humidity is very high.  I don't find a leak in the drains.  Any ideas where this might be coming from.  I wonder if it might be from the ducting in the ceiling sweating.  Will appreciate any ideas where else to look, or any other sources.

This is a followup to this post.  I was able to find the source of the leak.  it is coming from the back of plastic connector where the condensation drain pain hose connects to the hose that goes to the bottom of the coach.  I can't tell if the connector only connects these two hoses, or, if the plastic connector also is a drain to the condensation pan. I've attached a picture of the connector.  Has anyone seen one of these and know their workings?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 10:35:19 PM by Bill Staley »

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Another A/C issue Question
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 09:12:54 PM »
Bill,
Make sure you have the fan speed set to high. The units can freeze up at tehl lower fan speed settings in high Rh conditons. They then will drip as the frozen condensation thaws.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp