Author Topic: Recall List for Beaver Coaches  (Read 14561 times)

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Keith Moffett, Bryan Beamon, Mike Tomas

Ted Tedford

Re: Recall List for Beaver Coaches
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 01:25:08 AM »
Not a single recall listed for my 2004 Monterrey was even for a motorhome muchless my coach. Almost all of them were for Mercury Monterrey passenger cars. This is a useless recall site but thanks for trying.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 02:44:50 AM »
Ted,
Suggest you look again. There is a Hydro / Aqua Hot notice for the 04 (LPG water heater). It also affects many other coaches. We try to post the most relevant material available but keep in mind we have no control over the content. Please don't damn the complete list just because you couldn't find info relative to your specific coach.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Mike Shumack

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 10:47:26 AM »
The problem with that Recall site, is that they have the coach makes/models listed in several places (i.e. "Beaver, Beaver Coach, Monaco, Monaco Coach, Monaco RV) so you have to look around.

For example, I found Patriot recalls in three different places. A 2004 Monterey is a Beaver and is a Monaco.

And then, as you found, if you coach model name was used by the car manufacturers, there is a mix of those too.

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 03:14:10 AM »
Gentleman am I Missing something here but Beaver production has stopped many years ago. This
along with many other good name brand motorhomes also. With exception of the Caterpillar C-7 S,
and C-9 S, motorhome owners will not have any problem getting parts for there engines Reguardless
many models many claim to be throw away engines (  which is a incorrect statement that cannot be supported ). The BAC forum has a wealth of information and many countless hours saving information
from long time membership. New member joining the BAC that have access to this forum will find
problems on the road can be solved in-house. Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic
The following users thanked this post: John Bagwell, Andrew Shoen, Ron Davis, Scott Hinote

Mike Shumack

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 12:37:04 PM »
For me, the purpose of the Recall list is just to see what safety issues are listed for my coach, and to possibly verify that the recall was done. Even if I have no way to verify, it's still interesting info to me.

With these Coaches changing ownership a couple of times in their life, I think it is possible that a recall notice may have never made it to the new owner and was not done.

For example there was a recall about the "Weights and Tire Pressures" label having wrong information on it. How do you know if the correct label was installed? So you can look up the recall and then check your coach to see if the recall was done. At least in this example about "incorrect rim size and tire air pressure", you can verify.

Ted Tedford

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 01:01:18 PM »
I do appreciate your effort and in no way am directing my comment to you. That site while it may provide some information if you dig is just very poorly constructed. Thanks again for your effort !
The following users thanked this post: Steve Huber Co-Admin

Paul Champagne

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2022, 07:35:03 PM »
My 2006 Thunder is on the list where do you find the build date doesn't say on the bill of sale?

Thanks

Paul
2006 Patriot Thunder
C13 525 hp

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2022, 09:41:57 PM »
Check the coach and chassis labels low on the streetside wall just behind the seat and driver’s left console, Paul.  You may have to extend the slide and get on your hands and knees.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Frank Wright

• BAC Member
  • Beaver Contessa 42M
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2022, 05:15:09 PM »
I have a  2008 Contessa 42M. Looking at the recall list their several times listed. Is there a way to determine if the recalls were completed and if not, would they still be honored by the manufacturers involved?
Thanks,
Frank
2008 Contessa